Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Ford and Toyota also will collaborate on development of next-generation standards for in-car telematics and Internet-based services"

-correction

I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly enjoying my MFT. It locked up once, but after that it has worked great.

I do feel sorry for those with MFT not working right. Ford better keep the updates and fixes coming.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/153...light-trucks-suvs-future-telematics-standards

·
Registered
524 Posts
That's not how I read the article. I didn't see anywhere in there that they were going to stop developing MFT/sync in Ford vehicles. It was mostly about how Ford and Toyota will collaborate on some new hybrid/SUV type vehicle.

·
Registered
671 Posts
That's not how I read the article. I didn't see anywhere in there that they were going to stop developing MFT/sync in Ford vehicles. It was mostly about how Ford and Toyota will collaborate on some new hybrid/SUV type vehicle.

lol yeah I didn't get that all... in fact it seems like they are pushing towards not only keeping MFT/Sync but improving it as the following quote shows

"Ford has made tremendous progress in the area of telematics," Kuzak said. "We have unique and very good solutions today with SYNC and MyFordTouch. Working together on in-vehicle standards can only enhance our customers' experience with their vehicles."

Uchiyamada added: "Toyota has also invested heavily in telematics in various countries around the world, with services like the G-BOOK and G-Link. In the U.S., we have just introduced the accessible, easy-to-use Entune. By sharing our know-how and experience, we would like to offer even better telematics services in the future."
I read this on CNN a few weeks ago... Ford is simply looking to improve technology with the telematics...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ironically, from comparisons I'm reading where other manufacturers are trying to emulate the Sync and MFT.

It's cutting edge technology....there will be glitches, it's the price you have to pay to be a front-runner.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ironically, from comparisons I'm reading where other manufacturers are trying to emulate the Sync and MFT.

It's cutting edge technology....there will be glitches, it's the price you have to pay to be a front-runner.

Yup these are exactly my feelings. From Ford, to BMWs, to Mercedes-Benz's first year of any car generally always comes with some problems that yes are not OK but they are there.. People are all up in arms about buying a new car and encountering all these problems, while it's completely understandable and reasonable to be upset and fight for a lemon at times(as was the case with Rusty) but to denounce Ford for this and claim they aren't respectable company because they shipped out an "unfinished broken product" yada yada etc but people are all freaking out like this never happens with any car company.

I forget who it is on here but someone had a lemon Jaguar of all cars. This is the risk we take when we buy a new car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks to me like they are collaborating on developing standards to quote:

"We have unique and very good solutions today with SYNC and MyFordTouch. Working together on in-vehicle standards can only enhance our customers' experience with their vehicles."

·
Registered
187 Posts
I forget who it is on here but someone had a lemon Jaguar of all cars. This is the risk we take when we buy a new car.
Fifteen or twenty years ago the Jaguar engines were so bad there was an industry that pulled them and replaced them with chevy engines in new cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive updated my post. I know I read that there were replacing it. However the site now doesn't say that. It was originally from daily tech. Since I can not verify what they said, I removed my comment.

Either way, I hope they keep making it better and stable. Its a great system and one of the main selling points why I bought it the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also read that replacement statement this morning on Daily Tech, you're not alone TerryVA.

This PC Mag Article has a little more on the Ford/Toyota Telematics Team.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391568,00.asp

I was gonna post this, but looks like you beat me to it! haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts