Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Sync in my Focus--I pay $60 / year to have it work----I also have Sirius & blue tooth for phone. Recently the Sync service got a mind of it's own . The dealer says an update is avail but will cost close to $100. Well how can a company put something in a car come up with an update to make it function better & properly then charge you? I think that should be a recall & FREE? Any ideas guys? FORD? Thanks [cool][thumbd]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi mjb457,

I'm a little confused by your post. What is SYNC Services doing? Generally, updates for SYNC do not include SYNC Services since that's based on a phone call, and the information you request is then downloaded to your system.

Rebecca

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sync service

The Sync Service in my car has issues they say there is a dealer only update---I just again called Tech--it is 3.1.6 I must pay for this at my dealership--I feel this is ridiculous since it a fix that SYNC came up with to fix a faulty system... It can not be downloaded from the site on a zip drive as the site shows you on other updates-----I've had three master resets ---please tell me what my options are? Thanks [?|]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Some updates are not as simple as downloading the software to a USB flash drive and require the dealership to connect the vehicle to their system. You can check with other dealers in your area for a second opinion and pricing. What are the issues you're having with your SYNC system?

Rebecca

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some updates are not as simple as downloading the software to a USB flash drive and require the dealership to connect the vehicle to their system. You can check with other dealers in your area for a second opinion and pricing. What are the issues you're having with your SYNC system?

Rebecca
As I stated when you hold voice button & ask to call John Smith (example) It calls Bill Ford (example) or ask it to call Mary Fusion it calls Sally Chevy (2nd example,),,they say the new update corrects this and makes it work better & proper. per you folks at TECH & the dealer...what a scam to have the customer pay to fix a defective SYNC system---why should the customer have to scout dealers to get a deal?? Mjb

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Shoot me your VIN and current mileage in a PM, and I'll see if there are any other options for you.

Rebecca

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sync

I sent FORD REP MY INFO AS REQUESTED---REP TOLD ME BASICALLY TO TRY ANOTHER DEALER & IT'S NOT ON FORD TO UPDATE IT? & steps to fix it myself that may work....IN A NUTSHELL----- HUH? [wrenchin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts