Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about replacing my stock 2000 CD player with one of the new Focus stereos with Sync. Is this possible? I'm thinking maybe changing the steering wheel as well so as to get the wheel mounted buttons if there are any. Also, does Sync work off of a HD like the Chrysler MyGig system? That's about the best way I can figure for how it recognizes song title/artist, etc. That's really the main thing I want out of it. I have mucho music on my computer that I don't want to have to put on CD...

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
why dont u just go buy a 2008 focus with sync already in it so u dont have to worry about trying to find a radio with sync and figuring out a way to put it in ur old focus

·
Registered
930 Posts
o.o That was blunt.

It would be alot of work to get sync workn in an older foci. Just build a carputer its better and prolly cheaper in the long run

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
^^^Yea i agree with both. Sure it is possible but you will spend a ton of time and a ton of money. It just wouldn't be worth it, but if you really want to then go for it. I woulnd't have a clue where to start.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Sync is not just a radio, its involved in so many aspects of the car if even the smallest detail was missed while installing it on a older focus it would fail. Sync is running through the cars wire harness and even in to the computer it would be almost impossible to rig that into the older focus'

Jon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why dont u just go buy a 2008 focus with sync already in it so u dont have to worry about trying to find a radio with sync and figuring out a way to put it in ur old focus
Why do you think I'm driving a 2000 LX? For one the 08s are ugly and heavier, for 2, they're also about 5-6 times the cost of my Focus. Jagoff...[rolleyes] [;)]

I didn't think it was all quite that involved...I basically just want the HD to store my music on.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Man a Carputer will be cheaper and cooler even if you went with a SSHD to store the music it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man a Carputer will be cheaper and cooler even if you went with a SSHD to store the music it would be cheaper.
Yeah, based on the info in this thread, that'll be the direction I go in whenever I get the money, maybe with a portable hard drive so I can move between vehicles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts