Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 SE with ~21k miles.

Is there updates or something I can do to my SYNC system? Roughly 50% of the time I'm listening to Bluetooth Audio and I shutdown my car, it starts back up on the Line In source. And I know at least one time it switched to Line In when I was listening to the radio. I have nothing plugged into the AUX input or USB port.

I signed up at the My Ford whatever website a few weeks back and it said that no updates were available.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm under warranty. And I'll be god damned if I put that mess of a kit Metra makes in my car...

So is there updates/firmware flashes I can do myself? You and I both know what the dealer is going to say. "Yeah looks like it needs a new radio. We'll have to order one." And being that the dealer is an hour from me, it's a huge PITA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: SYNC and blutooth

There is nothing wrong with your system. Sync searches for other devices connected to the car radio, and if the other system, your bluetooth audio for example doesn't start up fast enough for Sync to see it, Sync reverts to line in. I had the same problem, but I had a Mp3 player connected to my USB port and I had the exact same thing happening. Now I use a USB stick and my radio starts playing the USB input as soon as the car starts.
Where as before with the MP3 player, it was off, but as soon as it saw a signal through the USB port it would turn on automatically, but it was to slow to start up, then Sync would revert to line in.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi firebirdude,

If you're SYNC account is saying you're up-to-date, there aren't any available updates for your SYNC system, but I can check just to be sure. Shoot me your VIN in a PM. Also, doonperdoon is correct; your system sounds like it is working as intended.

Rebecca

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent you my info Rebecca. Thanks!:)

Sync searches for other devices connected to the car radio, and if the other system, your bluetooth audio for example doesn't start up fast enough for Sync to see it, Sync reverts to line in. I had the same problem, but I had a Mp3 player connected to my USB port and I had the exact same thing happening. Now I use a USB stick and my radio starts playing the USB input as soon as the car starts.
Where as before with the MP3 player, it was off, but as soon as it saw a signal through the USB port it would turn on automatically, but it was to slow to start up, then Sync would revert to line in.
Hope this helps
Thanks for your response. Certainly makes sense... but why? Why would it need to revert to anything? Just stay on the same source as when the car was powered down..... like every other head unit ever made!!!

Also, if this was the case, how come it only happens 50% of the time? Even when it stays on BT Audio, my music doesn't start. Even if I pull out the phone and click play/pause a few times, nothing. I have to voice activate "Bluetooth Audio" again before I can play anything....it's stupid.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I just responded. :)

Rebecca

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is nothing wrong with your system. Sync searches for other devices connected to the car radio, and if the other system, your bluetooth audio for example doesn't start up fast enough for Sync to see it, Sync reverts to line in. I had the same problem, but I had a Mp3 player connected to my USB port and I had the exact same thing happening. Now I use a USB stick and my radio starts playing the USB input as soon as the car starts.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the response. The USB stick seems to be working and I don't mind using it instead of my phone. However, how do you have your music structured on it? I have artist folders, then album folders within, then songs within that. However it plays random tracks from random artists and albums. YES the shuffle feature is turned off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts