Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so system was working great today, then after my sons football game the system didnt turn on, tried the power button no go. Figured id wait a hour started the car to drive to work still didnt turn on, so i got to stare at the 8inch black screen all day......any ideas? was gonna try disconecting the battery??

·
Registered
788 Posts
so system was working great today, then after my sons football game the system didnt turn on, tried the power button no go. Figured id wait a hour started the car to drive to work still didnt turn on, so i got to stare at the 8inch black screen all day......any ideas? was gonna try disconecting the battery??
Before you disconnect the battery, try pulling fuse #67 for 2 minutes and re-inserting. Number 67 is second row from the left, third fuse down. You will need a fuse puller or needle nose pliers to grab it. Disconnecting the battery will erase all the programed electrical systems in the car, pulling the fuse will only affect the MFT system.

·
Registered
395 Posts
More and more mft failure posts.. Not surprising at all, I'm sure more will appear as more mft are sold.

Pull fuse 79? And 67 the numbers are in the manual. Wait like 5 minute before putting the fuses back in.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Too bad they didn't get a decent team of Japanese engineers to build the MFT... it might actually work.
News flash: Honda has issued a global recall for 962,000 vehicles...

...26,000 CR-Z hybrid models in Japan, the US and Canada are also being recalled to address defective programming of electronic control units...

Obviously there are also countless examples of "non-Japanese" companies that have demonstrated the highest degree of proficiency in computer hardware and software engineering.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
News flash: Honda has issued a global recall for 962,000 vehicles...

...26,000 CR-Z hybrid models in Japan, the US and Canada are also being recalled to address defective programming of electronic control units...

Obviously there are also countless examples of "non-Japanese" companies that have demonstrated the highest degree of proficiency in computer hardware and software engineering.
read: Apple and even Microsoft would have done 10x better,

as the OP incorrectly stated, SYNC did not black out, MFT did, and MFT is NOT SYNC and was NOT developed by Microsoft.

You'd think people would learn to search, research and post in already established threads about these issues rather than pollute our entire sub-forum with the same thread after thread about MFT...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had the same issue this morning with the my wifes 2012 Explorer.
I pulled the battery connections, ate my breakfast plugged it back in and still no display...
Said F' it and drove it to work. About 10 minutes into my drive the screen flashed a few times and it showed the " Performing system maintenance" screen. After that was complete it worked fine.
I did notice yesterday before I parked it that the MFT was acting really slowly and was having blue tooth issues.
I wonder if i even needed to pull the battery connections. Maybe it would have gone into system maintenance by itself.
Any which way I look at it though, it wasn't nice having to deal with a software issue at 5:30am.

·
Registered
781 Posts
mine was a black screen as i got in the car this morning. maybe half a dozen times now. driving to work in silence in the dark is eerie.

next car won't have MFT or anything like it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah that would suck.
Since the explorer has the ability to control the radio stations and climate through the gauge cluster/steering wheel I was able to at least change it to a sirius station.

I'm hoping that Ford is working on a total revamp of the MFT for all of us.
But as the saying goes. Sh!t in one hand and wish in the other and see what one gets filled first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts