Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some very interesting stuff about Ford Sync Applink which allows Sync to talk directly to certain applications (such as Pandora) on a person's compatible smart phone so that for example, you can change Pandora stations or give a song a thumbs up or thumbs down just by speaking to Sync (in addition to using steering wheel mounted controls).

Apparently AppLink has already appeared on some of the older Sync systems, but has not appeared yet on the MFT system.

Does anyone know if this is still going to show up later this year on the MFT equipped systems?

It seems like a really cool capability (similar to what Toyota is doing with their new Entune system, but more flexible in my opinion since any app maker can "sync enable" their iPhone/Android application through an API)... so I'd hate to buy a new Focus with MFT and find out that this functionality will not be added later on.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Last I read, there was no mention of it coming our way, unfortunately. I'm hoping for it, too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd guess that the MyFord Touch team is operating under a feature freeze and concentrating on making the existing feature set work properly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That really is a bummer, although I suppose there is always hope that it can be added down the road as an update. I suppose it is understandable considering the huge problems Ford has had with MFT.

Would still be nice if someone like InsectQueen could comment on whether or not it is still on the drawing board for the current model year cars with MFT.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can I get SYNC AppLink on my vehicle?

SYNC AppLink is available on 2012 SYNC-equipped Ford Expedition, F-150, Fiesta, Fusion, Mustang and Super Duty; and the 2012 Lincoln MKZ and Navigator.
SYNC AppLink is also available as a software update for the North American 2011 Ford Fiesta. For more information, view How Can I Get SYNC AppLink?

To learn more about using SYNC AppLink, view How to command streaming media with your voice—and SYNC AppLink.

We'll announce vehicles as soon as they are available, so stay tuned.

SYNC AppLink is currently available in the United States only.
This has to be added. The fact that the Fiesta has this but Focus doesn't?
C'mon man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The applink product manager had an online chat session a couple days back and was bombarded with questions about mft getting applink. He finally said that they are busy with the performance update, but that applink would come to mft "soon". I would say its the first real hard statement saying that we'll get it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The applink product manager had an online chat session a couple days back and was bombarded with questions about mft getting applink. He finally said that they are busy with the performance update, but that applink would come to mft "soon". I would say its the first real hard statement saying that we'll get it.
Thats great news!!! Thanks!

C'mon Ford!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts