Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Focus this morning and I'm loving it, but I have a question with regards to Sync an Sirius.

The system doesn't give me "Sirius" or "Satellite Radio" or a combo of those two, as an option. When I say any combination of those, it doesn't recognize it. I also can't seem to tune the channel via sync while in sirius. I've seen a youtube video of a 2012 Focus of a guy saying "Sirius" and it auto tunes there, but just isn't working for me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
are you sure it is setup from the dealer? mine was already setup, I see it on the list and can use the voice commands, Sirius and it comes up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean "setup"? I can manually push the sirius button to go to Sirius, and then can manually tune the channel, but when I push the sync button the system just says "Sync, Please say a command"....it doesn't state the current mode. Like, for example, if I am in bluetooth audio, it would say "Bluetooth Audio, please say a command".

·
Registered
187 Posts
You don't say what model you have. Sirius is not included in the base SE or SEL model.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You don't say what model you have. Sirius is not included in the base SE or SEL model.
Read his problem before responding, please. He's said multiple times he has Sirius and it works...that's not the problem.

I use "Advanced Mode", so I don't hear the "Say a Command" or any of that, but I've said Sirius before and it seems to work fine. I rarely use Sync for anything except changing albums/artists on my iPod or sometimes calling people. Usually just easier to do stuff manually.

Try saying Sirius Radio.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have this situation too. Mine is an SE with 203A, Sirius works great and everything, but I can't find a voice command to start it. The list of possible commands it reads off to me doesn't include anything about Sirius. I always just have to press the button for it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I pull the trigger, say "Sirius" it beeps (advanced mode), say my station name, and it tunes to that station. Nothing more is needed. If yours isn't I'd check with the dealer. You don't mention if you have MF of MFT, but either one should work fine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My guess is that your Sirius module within the radio isn't registered or working yet. I had that sort of problem--had to register online and wait a day or two before I could use Sirius or any of the advanced Sync options. Take it back to the dealer... May need reprogramming or updating, as mine did.

I've never tried to switch to sirius from Sync, but maybe in certain trim levels with Sync, you can't do this. For example, if you don't have MFT, maybe you can't activate sirius with sync voice command. I just use the button on the radio to be honest. I use the Sync voice commands for Sync-specific tasks (like playing music from my MP3 player or using the phone).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I called the Sirius Care phone number when I activated my trial and it took a little while for them to get it registered. At first they couldn't activate the Sirius number of my car and asked what dealership I had gotten it. Took a while, but they finally got the activation pushed to my car. And I've been enjoying ever since. (And don't try to activate while parked in the garage - I think that was part of my problem - even though the instructions tell me that).

·
Registered
54 Posts
There should be a card in your owner's packet that shows the Sirius channels and how to find the number to activate your trial.

You can also find the card at the owner.ford.com website in the "My Garage" section - it will have links to online documentation for your car - including the Sirius information card.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My dealer does it again!! First they tell me my car does not come with an alarm (it does!) then they tell me I have Sirius for the first six months. (I don't.) [facepalm]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I realized I left out a lot of info. I have an SE with the 203A package (no touch screen). "Sirius" is NOT a command that the system reads off as an option, NOR is it listed in my manual as one of the global commands.

The sirius radio was activated and working prior to me picking it up. It's live right now.
It simply does not recognize the word "Sirius".
If I say "Satellite" however, it mentions the traffic link, but no Sirius.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have this situation too. Mine is an SE with 203A, Sirius works great and everything, but I can't find a voice command to start it. The list of possible commands it reads off to me doesn't include anything about Sirius. I always just have to press the button for it.
Glad to see someone else with the same package (and same trim level) is having the same issue. I'm wondering, as someone else suggested, if it's not supported on certain trim levels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can anyone else with an SE and Sirius confirm that Sirius is not an option? My system also doesn't appear to recognize "Help" when I saw it, despite the fact it says its one of the words I can say.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jesse, if you are on Twitter, send a message to @FordCustService. They have been very helpful to me and can answer anything.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't have the same trim level and problem but it would seem ridiculous not to have the 'sirius' and 'help' command available when you have Sirius installed. At the very least the darn help command should work unless you are in advanced mode but I haven't tested that yet. Like the previous poster said, you may need to contact customer service to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Can anyone else with an SE and Sirius confirm that Sirius is not an option? My system also doesn't appear to recognize "Help" when I saw it, despite the fact it says its one of the words I can say.
This probably doesn't help you, but this was an issue when I went out looking at Foci a few weeks ago. Found a Kona Blue SE Sedan with 203A and the Sport Appearance package that I liked a whole bunch. Test drove it and told salesman I would be back the next day (it was almost closing time and I was tired, but I had every intent to take it home the next day). Returned and took it for a drive again. Tried the Sync things he had told me about the day prior: Making a call, changing music, changing inputs, etc. Every single time I said "Sirius" it asked me if I meant "Services." Tried many times, with various things (Sirius XM, XM, Satellite, FM/AM/XM Radio, etc.) Every time it either didn't understand or asked if I meant something that wasn't even close. Salesman attempted the same things. At the end of the drive he stated the system just needed to be rebooted and it works fine. Asked him if I could see it work on a different one (or what would need to be done to fix it in case I needed to do it myself and how long it would take to see if I wanted to stick around), but that was the only one they had and he said they would have to get a tech to reboot it. He attempted the same thing on a Fusion (SE, I think?) with Sync and it did the same thing. Came back and said: "Well...I guess it doesn't do that. You probably have to buy a different trim." Asked him if I had to buy MFT for it to work (knew a little about it, but not much. Was pretty sure it was just an interface and didn't have any new Sync features, but figured he would know better) and he said the Focus didn't have that, I would need to buy an Escape.

Sidenote: He proceeded to try and sell me the car after I found out half the things he had told me about it didn't apply. Direct quote: "Well, is that really a big deal? I mean, it can make phone calls." [scratch] I chalked a lot of it up to the car being relatively new and them not knowing about it, but I didn't bother to go back when they got some new ones in. (That and the fact that 24 hours after I had left the dealership I had received 11 phone calls and three text messages from said dealership. I was at work so didn't have my phone with me. After that I just blocked their number such that any call from them went directly to voicemail, which they never bothered to leave except for once.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, bad salesman. I actually got confirmation from Ford Customer Service on Twitter than the Sirius commands are NOT, repeat, NOT supported in the SYNC software on Focus cars that do NOT have MyFordTouch.

So if anyone has SYNC recognize "Sirius" commands and does NOT have MyFordTouch, I'd find that pretty interesting.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That is actually making sense the more I think about it. The MFT version of sync 2.xx has way more commands than the non MFT sync version 1.xx so it does stand to reason that some commands won't be available with those who have the 1.xx version of sync. It is supposed to be much more reliable though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts