Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the earlier Sync, I think it's 2, the one before 3 anyway. Navigation always worked fine using voice commands. I just upgraded the maps to version A10 from A4. Navigation still works, but I'm unable to use voice commands to enter a destination. It says something to the effect of "voice commands are not available with this map version." Has anyone else had this issue? I'm debating to go back to the earlier map version to have voice back, but the maps are old...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out. Latest SYNC version only officially supports maps to up version A9. A10 works but is only semi-compatible. Downgraded to A9 and everything works fine again.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good to know.

I bought the A10 map SD card, but I've really only used it to display on the screen, rather than provide navigation to a destination. I actgually like Google maps better for that, since it has access to real-time traffic information as well as always having the most recent/accurate maps available.

It would be nice to be able to use the built-in navigation in out-of-town locations to save on mobile data, so I guess I'll have to forgo using voice navigation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts