Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the post says can someone gkve me and jdea of what symptoms of a failed trans mount are thatd be sweet. I'm getting a harsh vibration in reverse

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
Passenger side mount (under the coolant tank/nearest the engine) is the most likely to fail, you can inspect it and visually tell. Its fluid filled and if you see anything wet looking around it, its failed. Replace with real oem or a proper aftermarket poly one; other replacement ones are cheap and prone to fail.

Lower dog bone is just soft rubber, not solid or anything. It just allows excessive forward/back motion. Id suggest replacing with poly; either inserts or the entire unit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Passenger side mount (under the coolant tank/nearest the engine) is the most likely to fail, you can inspect it and visually tell. Its fluid filled and if you see anything wet looking around it, its failed. Replace with real oem or a proper aftermarket poly one; other replacement ones are cheap and prone to
Lower dog bone is just soft rubber, not solid or anything. It just allows excessive forward/back motion. Id suggest replacing with poly; either inserts or the entire unit.
I think it's failed again 13000 miles later but I'd expect more out of these mounts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I think it's failed again 13000 miles later but I'd expect more out of these mounts
What brand are you using? The Ford psm last a long time, should be able to get 75,000 miles out of it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Ford mounts lol
Seems like you didn't get many miles, wow. When was the last time you replaced the lower mount? Add a poly one, which will help the two top mounts last. btw when did you replace the plugs?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Repalced plhgs less then 1500 miles ago replaces the Pam and dog bone the same time 2 days apart I think and jjst replaced the trans yesterday and I use after market from autozone for that one youd shit yourself if you saw the quality of the auto zone one. Orileys ******g blows likes like someome just crammed flex seal together and made a mount

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Repalced plhgs less then 1500 miles ago replaces the Pam and dog bone the same time 2 days apart I think and jjst replaced the trans yesterday and I use after market from autozone for that one youd shit yourself if you saw the quality of the auto zone one. Orileys ******g blows likes like someome just crammed flex seal together and made a mount
ID like any of the aftermarket psm's for the focus, The Ford one what I found is the best outside a VF engineering poly mount....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I'm not lining the engine back up properly or something but one of the mounts is totally shot somewhere an i had someone else look at it an they said it looks good but that doesn't mean squat

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Maybe I'm not lining the engine back up properly or something but one of the mounts is totally shot somewhere an i had someone else look at it an they said it looks good but that doesn't mean squat
The dogbone (lower mount) & dsm (trans mount) only fit one way, no adjustment. The psm (passenger side mount) has some adjustment at the frame rail. I used a sharpie & marked the frame rail before I removed it, to get it back in the same spot. BTW I'm running a VF engineering dogbone & dsm w/ a Ford psm.....no issues. The psm gives the most issues is what I find...Mazda's have the same issues as well btw.......

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See thats where I ****** up at is I didnt sharpie where it came out at so now if gotta eye it when it goes back in

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd swap out that aftermarket trans mount for a Ford one. Vibrations can come from the trans, especially with poorly designed aftermarket mounts. And check psm alignment like recommend above^

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just gonna have ford warrenty out the mount an put it in so they can align it the right way its to cold now for me to dick off with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts