Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the 'how to' on cleaning the IMRC unit for the SVT intake manifold, and it occurred to me, I wouldn't have a clue if mine was not working correctly. What would be the issues I could expect to see when this unit needs cleaning/replacement? What could I expect to see if the cable breaks or freezes up?

I never owned a car with an intake like the SVT intake and I'd like to be able to understand this system to make it easier to recognize the symptoms when it happens to my car.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My car had a cel for the imrc when I purchased it. The lever and cable were intact, so I pulled the box apart. The inside is pretty simple and everything was good. I just cleaned that contact and have been cel free since.

The car was experiencing lower power off the line with the runners confused what spot they should be in. If you don't have a cel and everything is working I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe I have an IMRC issue with no CEL light. I have very little power off the line and tell higher rpm and I also get a hard miss at about 4000 rpm. Does this sound like an IMRC issue?

·
FF Affiliate
31,212 Posts
Watch your IMRC cable where it is connected to the intake manifold under and behind the TB , have some one start the engine and it should move

You can watch the IMRC in a SVT log and see if its working at about 5000 rpm

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts