Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these light today at advanced auto parts an i was wonderin if there gonna look any different then the stocker ones because if they dont im takin them back an gettin new ones an prefs on which kind i should get if i dont like the look of these

·
Registered
348 Posts
nope i got them one time and i didnt see no difference at all if u want difference get the silverstars but i wouldnt because they dont even last that long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They certainly don't put out much light. There was a set on my SVT when I bought it and one night's drive had me at the parts store to buy new CLEAR bulbs. They blues ones suck. They might look good but they don't work well doing what they are really for,... lighting the road in front of you.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
JER'SZX3 said:
I just bought these light today at advanced auto parts an i was wonderin if there gonna look any different then the stocker ones because if they dont im takin them back an gettin new ones an prefs on which kind i should get if i dont like the look of these
uh, not sure if they'll take it back once it's opened. halogens are finicky bastards. if you touch the lens, for example, this greatly shortens the lifespan of the bulb. most part stores i know won't take 'em back after they're opened.

i've sold too many CBs to customers and have them complain later that they're not that bright and not that blue. the only thing i ever have to tell them is that the ones that look blue from the driver perspective are most likely illegal. they'll have a slight blue tint from oncoming traffic's perspective, but it's not gonna be as blue as some of those bulbs you can find on ebay (but most of those aren't legal). if i were you, i'd get some silverstars. they're really bright, but don't create a real harsh light. they'll look pure white compared to your stockers. only disadvantage (and even sylvania will tell you this), is that they don't last as long. i got about a year out of mine before i blew one. i didn't wanna throw down the cash to by a whole new set (never replace just one. the other one'll blow within a week anyway), so i went with some cheapo blue ebay lights that'll probably fry my harnesses, but i like the look.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone else have any experiance with blue or whit bulbs? Im loking for some new ones and am just wondering what yall have used in the past, and which ones to stya awayfrom. Im looking for a good white, even a little blue. The whiter the better.

Stuart

·
Registered
639 Posts
if you're going to get aftermarket bulbs, make sure they are good ones. cheap ones like on ebay put out too much power and burn the housings and wiring. i would highly suggest investing in a pair of piaa bulbs. i got mine for about 80 bucks. a little expensive, but they are very bright, and use the same watage as stock, so theres no worries.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i have street glow optix bulbs, really blue, but look white from the drivers seat. we sell them at best buy. they're the same wattage as stock so there's no wire frying.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
get the eurolite blue bulbs.. they work the best and are actually brighter than stock. i havent had a problem with mine at all.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i hav to say just make sure that they use stock wattage, i hav fried my wires using higher wattage bulbs, all i havleft now are the metal connectors that the bulbs slide into, this is going to cos me some decent coin when i get it fixed over the summer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
advanced auto parts took em back with out a prob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts