Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where i can find my door lock relay or switch or fuse, the lock s trip back to unlock when locking. Its a 2001 se zetec focus sadan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i know where the switch is, it's on the door! [:D]

...as for the relay and fuse, you'll have to wait till one of the smarter guys comes along.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Door lock....

Did you try fuse # 63 ?
Is the car as stock or aftermark power locks ?
Is the key on ?

More detail needed ...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stock lock and the car is off if thats what ur asking. no i did not try # 63 i will later.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Have seen this happend on my car , guess you are locing with the key? if the passenger door is open and y try to lock the driver side door this is supposed to happend, so propably the powerlock central thinks that this door is still open,that s where i solved my problem (inside the passenger door)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep replacing my Fuse 63 and it keeps blowing. It works fine with the Engine off, but as soon as I turn the car on (ENGINE) and use the locks it blows. Odd.

ZeDo

·
Registered
7 Posts
My door locks and remote quit working all together I spent all day trying to figure it out.. the repair book lists a fuse 63 and so does the manual that came with it.. it mentions being on the back of the fuse panel and i cannot find it I even undid the fuse panel and pulled it down and cannot find it
I hope it is the root of my problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FUSE #63 - FOCUS 2000 SE

At driver's side, under the steering column you have to remove the plastic cover panel, then the two bolts and then press the tabs that holds the fuse panel to the metal frame. After it falls ... this little yellow thing is a 20 amp.

This is an imposible pic of the back of the fuse panel hope the tags can help you.

Now the main task is to find the reason for the blown fuse !

Good luck !

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: FUSE #63 - FOCUS 2000 SE

vrat_on_2k said:
At driver's side, under the steering column you have to remove the plastic cover panel, then the two bolts and then press the tabs that holds the fuse panel to the metal frame. After it falls ... this little yellow thing is a 20 amp.

This is an imposible pic of the back of the fuse panel hope the tags can help you.

Now the main task is to find the reason for the blown fuse !

Good luck !
Lol that helpd alot but I took it to the dealership today to get my front shocks redone on the recall because they rusted through I had them go ahead and look at the locks.. they put a fuse in it blew as soon as they locked it... turns out there was a short in my hatch and a blown out motor in the passenger door.. probally all related...
maybe ford will recall it all or something

but thanks ill be sure to show my grandpa that picture we had the fuse pannel taken down and everything and didnt see that one haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahh Nice to know I am having the same issue lubed my door locks up and they work, now my hatch doesn't work So with that info I'll go buy a new hatch lock. Did they put a new one in???

·
Registered
7 Posts
ZeDo said:
Ahh Nice to know I am having the same issue lubed my door locks up and now my hatch doesn't work So with that info I'll go buy a new hatch lock. Did they put a new one in???
Im not sure what theyve done I get the car back tommorow afternoon.. im not sure if it was the lock or a short somewhere in the wiring..
ill keep yall informed

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would appreciate that, this way if it is a short and they knew where it is, I could quickly check my focus for the same short, before I purchase the hatch assembly, which is only a 144.00 CDN.

Thanks for the reply..

ZeDO

·
Registered
1 Posts
locks./fuses

Can you tell me how you "lubed up" your doors? My passenger door is stuck in lock mode so my kids have to climb in through the driver side to get it....thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there. Well it was abit time consuming but I managed to get the door off and than I had to peel the Factory foam from the door which was a pain in the behind. I than sprayed the lithium grease pretty much everwhere I could find an opening in the lock mechanism inside the door. Let me know if you need a more detailed message.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ZeDo:

When you peel off the factory foam at the door. Did you take a note on the wiring to the lock actuator ?
My driver's door lock button is not working so my keyless it's almost disabled. I can use the fob to lock/unlock all doors except driver's door that I need to manually lock. I feel my actuator is dead but I hope there would be some conector loose.

Your help its appreciated .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts