Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right section, but anyway

I've seen that there are many custom-made siwtchblade keys for Honda and Toyota and blah blah. And most higher-end cars like VW, Acura, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, blah blah.... they all come with one.

Does one for Ford exist? Focus, specifically?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
If some one trys that key they should post up good or bad. That way everyone will know.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I figured more people knew about those things.
Am I the only one who just types in "Ford Focus" on eBay and browses the results?
I do from time to time.
Only if I have extra money, I get pissed cause when I don't have any extra money and search, I find the good stuff.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I would give this a shot

Too bad i only have ONE key.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 3 keys already, So I'm going to give this a shot, because my remote recently broke. So I was planning on getting the switchblade key remote anyway, because I found a company where you pop your exsting remote board in, take your key apart to get the chip, and use their ford keyblank to be cut and your in good shape.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looked cool, but kind of funky too. I've seen key blanks replacing a butterfly knife blade that were cool. I'd just end up breaking that thing.

So says the man with no cellphone.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
What about the chip in the key? cant start the car without a key that is programed to your car.
The eBay Auction said:
Anti-theft? There is an electronic "transponder chip" embedded in the unit. The transponder chip acts as an electronic "fingerprint" and is part of your vehicles high security anti-theft system already installed on your vehicle. Your car needs to be programmed to recognize the "transponder chip fingerprint" or the car will not operate. The chip is the same OEM transponder chip inside the key you have now. The right sidebar of this auction has more information on how this system works.
Should work fine...

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
I figured more people knew about those things.
Am I the only one who just types in "Ford Focus" on eBay and browses the results?

i do that all the time lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Read the last line of the ad at the very bottom:

THIS SPECIFIC KEY AND REMOTE will operate the keyless entry and immobilizer system for the following vehicle(s) ONLY:

2002 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2005 FORD FOCUS

·
Registered
759 Posts
a butterfly knife-key.. i'd so use that... if i could find a switch-key that didn't have remote entry to it 'd nab it.. yes i have factory remote entry but i'm getting a nice aftermarket one installed with remote start so...... yeah.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Read the last line of the ad at the very bottom:

THIS SPECIFIC KEY AND REMOTE will operate the keyless entry and immobilizer system for the following vehicle(s) ONLY:

2002 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2005 FORD FOCUS

They offer the same key for other models. Search:

03 04 2003 2004 FORD FOCUS KEY REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

I'm bouncing up and down on the diving board, deciding whether to jump...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts