Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed the switchback LED's from eBay and I know it's all correct with no hyper flashing or any issues.

My only issue is the lights are reversed....

- Headlights/Parking in OFF position - they are WHITE when I use the turn signal (illegal by the way).

- Headlights/Parking in ON position - they are solid ORANGE - when I turn the signal on they turn WHITE.

- I wired the relays into the driver side and passenger side colored / colored striped wires only
- - Driver side - Resistor was wired to Green/Black Stripe and Green/Greenishblue Stripe
- - Passenger side - Resistor wired into brown wire striped and black wire

-------------------

This is completely wrong. [gunfire]

Suggestions?

Here is the image that it has on their ebay page... What colored wires do I have to do this to? I'm about to just say forget it and go with splicing each combination.

I'm confused because in another thread howto the poster said don't splice on the middle wire. Not sure if different manufacturers setup their bulbs different. I'll just have to try and see.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol confused so is this a bulb issue or an issue with the resistor wiring? Because without resistor it is still white when it blinks with lights OFF.

The only other idea I have is to buy two sets of super bright pre-assembled SMD LEDs with 9 of them and use those as DRL from a switch on my dash or relay so once engine starts they come on.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There are two kinds of switchbacks... In simplest terms, there are A's and B's. I'm confused as to why you'd buy from eBay, instead of Superbrightleds. They're even a sponsor of the forum and give discount codes.

This is what I purchased from them (with resistors). https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...intensity-60-smd-led-tower,-b-type/1777/4121/

I just haven't installed either yet since I'm waiting for my retrofit to be completed. There's also youtube videos on that page (scroll down) explaining the different types of switchbacks.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
No hyperflashing, then your resistor wiring job is fine. It sounds like the bulb is wired backwards internally, so you need better bulbs.

If you really know what you're doing, you could try to switch the turn and the running light wires to see if it works right.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Actually it could be as simple as turning the bulb around in the socket, or bending the terminals to the other sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts