Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amplifier located in the trunk, does not seem to have a whole heck of a lot of ventilation. Should I be concerned ????? Yes, I know the amp has a big heat sink, but the son-of-a-gun sure does get pretty dog gone hot. I am under the impression that cooling is the name of the game, not unless you want to have a short lifespan for your amp. It seems pretty cramped in there. Has anyone tried to fit in a muffin fan or anything to help cool this puppy down ???? I fear operating the audio system in the summer months. It's
pretty dog gone hot here now. It's been in the 90's all week here. Winter months should not be a problem I would think. What do you guy's think about this situation ???????

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Is this the stock amp in the 2012's? If its OEM I really don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's the OEM amp. Just thought it was exceptionally hot when I touched it. The amp works fine ........ just never had a sound system that used a seperate amplifier before. Most of the ones I have seen from Ford are usually stuck under the drivers seat. Maybe I'm showing my age here, but just my experience (Which ain't much). I appreciate your reply. Just didn't want to end up getting the amp repaired from what I thought was extreme heat. Thought I would post here on the forum and see what kind of advice I would get. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweating Out The Audio System Amp.

Thanks for bolstering my confidence in the audio system amp. Yes, I have the warrenty, but just hated to see something go down the drain that could be saved. I suppose those amps are a lot more forgiving than I thought they were. I just didn't expect it to get that hot. It's still working fine !!!!!!

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The stock amps are pretty durable when it comes to lack of ventilation. If you're not listening to it loud for extended periods of time, I wouldn't worry about. If the amp starts "clipping" periodically, then try to create an alternate cooling source or just take the car in and let the warranty replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys !!!!!! I appreciate your comments. My fears have been erased. And now I can get a decent nights sleep. And I can also listen to my tunes going down the highway, without visions of crispy fried amplifier going through my head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts