Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you guys with sway bars will you PLEASE take pics the post them. I am thinking about making some of my own and I would like to see how it connects to the strut, I also want to know if they are hollow or solid.

Thanks
Brandon

· Focused Focus
7,868 Posts
Solid, at least all that i have ever seen are. The only pic i have is this one:

I know it doesnt help.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok maybe I am thinkoing of the wrong thing. I am thinking of the thing under the hood and in the trunk, they run from the top of one strut to another. You have to buy them aftermarket.

Thanks
Brandon

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES that is it. More pics please!!!!
THANK YOU
Brandon

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO rush but if you could take some of where they bolt up that would be GREAT!!!

· Registered
8,021 Posts
See my avatar for what a REAL strut tower brace looks like. This was on my pro rally car and is not available for a Focus. It does give you and idea of what a real one look like versus the "toys" that are available for a Focus. Yes, I have a "toy" bar on my ZX3 and installed it when we were rallycrossing the car.

· Registered
8,021 Posts
I should be cautious using the term "toy" because they can help an older car where the chassis has loosened up and for things like autocross, the track, and rallycross. A straight bar (hard if not impossible to install on a Focus without relocating or redesigning some components in the engine compartment) is far better from a structural standpoint than a typical aftermarket one with its kinks and curves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.