Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you guys with sway bars will you PLEASE take pics the post them. I am thinking about making some of my own and I would like to see how it connects to the strut, I also want to know if they are hollow or solid.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Solid, at least all that i have ever seen are. The only pic i have is this one:

I know it doesnt help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok maybe I am thinkoing of the wrong thing. I am thinking of the thing under the hood and in the trunk, they run from the top of one strut to another. You have to buy them aftermarket.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES that is it. More pics please!!!!
THANK YOU
Brandon

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Let me know if these are enough or if you need pics of the specific details of the bars, I could take more tonight.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO rush but if you could take some of where they bolt up that would be GREAT!!!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Both? The rear does not bolt up to anything you drill through the wheel wel and then screw it in through that. i'll post up the front 2morrow when there is light out

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forget about me?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Added REP! Thank you SOOO much!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
See my avatar for what a REAL strut tower brace looks like. This was on my pro rally car and is not available for a Focus. It does give you and idea of what a real one look like versus the "toys" that are available for a Focus. Yes, I have a "toy" bar on my ZX3 and installed it when we were rallycrossing the car.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I should be cautious using the term "toy" because they can help an older car where the chassis has loosened up and for things like autocross, the track, and rallycross. A straight bar (hard if not impossible to install on a Focus without relocating or redesigning some components in the engine compartment) is far better from a structural standpoint than a typical aftermarket one with its kinks and curves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts