Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into getting front and rear sway bars for my 09 sedan...

What options do i have? i have seen alot of people with the steeda rear...

If i get the rear do i need to do the front as well?

what mm should i get 22? 24? 28?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I got the Eibach kit and it came with a 22mm in the front and a 25mm in the rear

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
what suspension are you running, the stock SES? Larger will only help so much and going too large might cause some issues too. what are you goals and what are you planning to use the car for?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Lol how do you steal the front one..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what suspension are you running, the stock SES? Larger will only help so much and going too large might cause some issues too. what are you goals and what are you planning to use the car for?
I am planning on getting the Ford racing kit... my goals are for a sick a#$ DD

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
with a hacksaw you end up with a broken one lol
I can see how you steal the rear one though

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
with a hacksaw you end up with a broken one lol
I can see how you steal the rear one though [screwy]

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I have a 22mm front and 25 rear, it's a big improvement!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have the Steeda rear swaybar and even after I had the brackets welded to the subframe it's still creaking over bumps or speed bumps ... I almost wish I never got it ...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^ lots of grease helps!!!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Gabe!
Have someone rock the car left and right like trying to roll it over, then as that is happening watch the two brackets and the bar. If it's making the noise there is a lot of play in the bushing. I think the round bent piece holding the bushing is no good

·
Registered
16 Posts
This really needs to be in the suspension area. There's lots of stickies in there that answer all these questions.

If your going with the FRPP kit, I would not go with a rear bar bigger than 22mm. A bigger stiffer bar needs stiffer springs matched to it. Large bars and soft springs is a prefect combo for cracked LCA's. Also a larger rear bar will make the car over steer more. So if you want the rear end of your car to rotate more thats the way to go.

Look at this http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222410 it shows how much stiffer that 1 or 2 mm is.

For a DD/twisty day car here is a great setup.

21mm front bar
21 or 22 rear bar
Poly bushings and endlinks in the rear
Poly bushings and MOOG or Duralast endlinks up front

Now remember the biggest factor in handling is your tire/wheel setup.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have my stock SVT sway bars for sale if your interested. Looking to get 125 shipped for both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts