Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but...

Just had some Eibach pro kit springs put on my '06 ZX3, and am still experiencing a bit more body roll than I'd like.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket sway bars that might help to firm things up a bit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
What trim is your ZX3? The S/SE trims don't have rear sways so you'd have to buy an aftermarket kit to mount one.

AFAIK the sway bar mounts didn't change for 06, just the struts, so any Focus sway bar should mount up. Double check before you order, though. The SVT sways, 21mm, should make a big difference over the stock 18mm's and you can probably find a used set fairly cheap. H&R makes 24mm ones that run $180 front/$160 rear or so. Ford Racing makes 22mm front/25mm rear for about $325 a set.

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=65
http://www.myfordfocus.com/storefront/suspension.htm

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mastodon.

Mine's an SES, so I believe there is a stock sway.. just not a very effective one, from how it feels.

I'll look into the ones you suggested and see if they work for my ride.

And one other question- a buddy of mine warned against using to stiff of a strut bar, saying that it could negatively affect steering into turns. I'm no sure if that's true; any opinions out there?

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you have a very stiff sway bar, it can produce oversteer, which means your back end will lose grip and slide. Normally on FWD cars you get understeer, meaning that you turn the wheel hard and the car doesn't turn as much as you'd want it to.

Oversteer is considdered dangerous because you can easily slide out of control if you dont know what you're doing, but you want to have an agressive cornering car, you want to be able to produce a little bit of oversteer. Anyone else, feel free to add to this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts