Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'm looking to replace the front sway bar on my 03 zx3 with the D23. I have the whole front sub-frame pulled out right now, and figured mine as well do it while I got it out.

My wallet is a little tight after having to buy a complete clutch kit for the trans which is why the dub-frame is out, but I'm working with about $125. Is there anything worth wild out there for around what I can afford?

I see Eibachi has one for around $125? Is it any good? What MM should I get BTW? I'm lowered 1.5 inch's with the FRPP kit, on 17's.

Thanks,

Djzx3

·
Registered
528 Posts
Will Stock SVT sways fit? I have a set i need to sell if they do.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK if they would fit? Lets wait for someone to pop in.

While we wait, How many miles have your sway bars been used for, and will they work good with a 1.5 inch drop with stock sway bar end links? And if you got pics, it would be cool if you posted em after we learn if they will fit.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah okay^, well will they also work good with the 1.5 inch FRPP kit drop and stock end links?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I took them out to put in Eibach's, they have about 70k on them, nothing wrong with em.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Ah okay^, well will they also work good with the 1.5 inch FRPP kit drop and stock end links?
I swapped my stock 18mm front sway for a 21mm SVT one and I have the FRPP kit. The sway bar will fit fine and the endlinks should work. Those are something you can replace down the road if need be with out too much hassle.

What size is your stock front bar 20mm? Dont expect anything drastic but you should notice an improvement. Do know that if you do swap to something much larger than stock size, it can effect your handling negatively. A larger front with a smaller rear sway could create some oversteer.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Okay guys I'm looking to replace the front sway bar on my 03 zx3 with the D23.

Have you already increased the size of the rear bar? If you have are you trying to correct too much oversteer? Doing just the front bar (without a rear bar upgrade) will take you in the wrong direction from a handling perspective. You'll be promoting more understeer which is rarely what you want for better handling.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Just go with the eibach kit. Its pretty much the same thing they did to the saleen's and let me tell you do they handle well.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
22mm front and 25mm rear is a good combo, i liked it when I had the FRPP kit and 17" wheels.

I went from a 18mm front though, so you going from 20mm stock to 21mm svt might only be worth it if you can find one cheap. youre doing it at the perfect time too lol. it really sucks when everything still on the car

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I have an SVT sway and new Poly mounts I will send you for shipping + 10 bucks?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
22mm front and 25mm rear is a good combo, i liked it when I had the FRPP kit and 17" wheels.

I went from a 18mm front though, so you going from 20mm stock to 21mm svt might only be worth it if you can find one cheap. youre doing it at the perfect time too lol. it really sucks when everything still on the car
I spent three hours trying to get the sway in going by the how too thread and finally gave in and dropped the whole sub frame. I dont ever want to do that again.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now the rear and front bars are stock, if I replace the front one with SVT I will want the back one too.

MustangCRZY302- What size are those bars front and rear? (Buickboy) says the front is 21mm, what's the back? And what are you looking to get out of both of them?

And

WUGcatsvt- you have SVT sway with bushings? Is that both front and rear SVT bars with bushings?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I spent three hours trying to get the sway in going by the how too thread and finally gave in and dropped the whole sub frame. I dont ever want to do that again.
haha i feel your pain! I think i struggled for longer than that and just dropped the back part of it enough to wiggle the bar out. [?|]

my car will have the 22mm front swaybar for. ev. er. never doing that again!

and DJ- IIRC the svt bars are both 21mm

·
Registered
621 Posts
Svt swaybars are 21mm front and 21 mm back. Im about ti change my front out from my 18mm stock. But I've got the svt rear on as my car didn't come with a rear.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Right now the rear and front bars are stock, if I replace the front one with SVT I will want the back one too.

MustangCRZY302- What size are those bars front and rear? (Buickboy) says the front is 21mm, what's the back? And what are you looking to get out of both of them?

And

WUGcatsvt- you have SVT sway with bushings? Is that both front and rear SVT bars with bushings?

21mm and 21mm ( I can measure to verify if you want), I was asking $125+ shipping, but I need them gone, so I'll do $125 shipped for both as is.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$125 shipped sounds good, I'll send you a PM to learn final details.

As long as they have nothing wrong with them, and come with everything I see in the pic(I.E bushings), then I think we got a deal man.

And I only use pay-pal, and a brief description describing what is going on here is required when you fill the quote you will send me later. I'll pay the extra fee's if needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts