Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you all thought about the F2 rear sway bar... it something like 25.6mm or something... and then I was going to get the end links for the front... what do guys all think about them... like em or not???

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
id personally buy the progress and be done with it, with a 25mm rear sway thew control arom tend to crack under the anned stress on non svt foci, the progress is a nice noticable upgrade and it wont break anything, plus its very reasonable at around $100.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I wouldn't go with anything bigger than the Progress rear sway. We have one on the ST and ZX3 and love it[thumb]

I've never seen a Progress for under $100. Where'd you find one at that price BlackNRed?

·
Registered
921 Posts
The H&R bar is not too shabby either...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But doesn't the ST have the 21mm sway bar??? The progress one is only 1mm bigger... Don't think that would change that much over stock.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Im running the 24mm H&R front and the 28.6 Steeda rear and the balance is unbelieveable.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i've got the 22mm progress, and i like it, it's good for the daily driver, who enjoys curves

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
But doesn't the ST have the 21mm sway bar??? The progress one is only 1mm bigger... Don't think that would change that much over stock.

Don't look at it as just 1mm as it will fool you....it can have dramatic impacts! You need to be looking at in cross sectional increase not just the increase in diameter. The 1 mm increase is less than a 5% increase in diameter but it is over a 10% increase when you calculate the sectional (circular) area of the bar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry if this is a little off topic, but if you have sway bars and springs and you want the best handling, do you have then opposite?? hard springs with soft anti sways or vise versa. curious and what happens if they are the same??

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
i believe i saw it for 100 at new edge durring a sale its like 120 now i think, havent looked in a while though already have a rear sway.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
It's a change, believe me. You can definitly feel it taking sharp turns. The Progress is great on a daily driver.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
It's a change, believe me. You can definitly feel it taking sharp turns. The Progress is great on a daily driver.
[thumb] I felt the difference my first run around the block. I'd never want to sell it.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so progress is the best to go with???

·
Registered
921 Posts
BackNblackZX said:
sorry if this is a little off topic, but if you have sway bars and springs and you want the best handling, do you have then opposite?? hard springs with soft anti sways or vise versa. curious and what happens if they are the same??
To achieve the best possible handling, you wanna stiffen the chassis of the car as much as possible. That's why stiff, mild-drop springs and shocks coupled with large sway bars are best. They help you control camber when cornering by reducing body roll. If you're cornering hard and the car is as balanced as it is when drving straight, the car will be able to stick a corner at the grip limit of the tire. A wider (not insanely wide) tire thats got a stiff sidewall construction will help cornering ability, as well as having the right camber setting (one that allows all of the tread section to contact the road surface under cornering). Performance bushings and at least for our Focasses better swaybar endlinks can polish off a very nice suspension setup. Then you can take off-ramps with Minis, Vettes, and Elises. [thumb]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A really stiff suspension (springs, sways, chassis, etc.) works really well on smooth roads such as a race track surface. As we all know, you don't find too many perfect roads in real life. The goal is to find a good compromise. That's why its very foolish to run a track setup on the street. Every expansion joint, rut, dip, hole will be causing sudden and unexpected lane changes and they will punish you physically. There's plenty of systems designed for the street that afford good handling and maintain reasonable ride quality.... stick with those.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok the last question I should have about this before I make my mind up about it...

If I were to get the F2 rear sway which I think is something like 25-26mm in diameter what would be the downfalls to it???

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
For the ? earlier^^^ Tein springs.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you mean I should get tein springs???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts