Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the stock size rear sway bar 2000 focus zx3 so I can order the correct size bushings and links.
My daughters car is swaying back and forth when she is driving down the road and would like to replace these as car has 130000 miles on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
20mm for the regular zx3. Here's a link for some poly ones - http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...-00-06-Focus-Exc-SVT-95p1573.htm#.VLO3YFAo7qA
I have been told that the sway bar only comes into use while cornering. If the car is swaying in a "straight" line down the road its probably other suspension components. Front control arm, ball joints, or there is 3 bars in the rear, lower control arm, an upper and toe link I believe. I would check all those bushings out real well. You can buy the front control arm with a ball joint pre-installed. Being a 14 year old car a lot of those may need replaced. There not terribly expensive but you'd probably have to cut some bolts off, so make sure to plan accordingly and get new hardware. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Welcome to FF!

Agree with the first response, if it feels "loose" at the rear it's usually a worn out bushing (or more) in one of the lower arms.

Rear LCA (lower control arm) is more common for this but the front LCA can do it as well.

wiggle left & right when going straight, turn more or less than you want in a curve or feel "loose" then, all signs of worn out bushing in the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts