Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks eveyone for your help with the previous question.
I want to know if upgrading the sway bars from factory to after market is a noticable improvment? I own a 05 Focus ZX4 St. IS there any negitives to mounting larger swaybars?
Since i'm limited to mod shops I only have two to go to, Steeda of Canada and Ford Racing through the dealership. If both are equal I would like to stay with Ford Racing because I know the dealership well.
Anyways thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Hmmmm I think Eibach makes sway bars for Foci.

It depends on what you use the car for. If it's a spirited daily driver, then you might be more cost effective to simply install Energy Suspension (or other maker's) polyurethane mounts at all points on the stock bars instead. If you're into serious autocross racing, then I'm sure the beefier bars and lower springs would be a definate bonus.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
correct eibach does make a sway bars for our cars.

personally i own the sport line kit... and it makes a HUGE improvement on handiling

Been thinking about sway bars and more than likely will improve handing. If im not mistaking i think eibach has a 22mm front sway and a 24mm rear sway for our cars.

and if not sway bars you can always go with some strut tower braces for your car from focus sport. Probably wont make as big of a difference then what sway bars or suspension would do but enough to know your car handles slightly better then what it did.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
the Eibach/ Ford Racing are F:22mm R: 25mm
the progress 22mm rear with stock is a great set up, that's what i have, untill I change springs & dampers[thumb]

·
Registered
317 Posts
I put the progress 22mm bar shortly after buying mine. Most noticable improvement is in turn-in, but roll is reduced and the car is more neutral as well. I consider it the bar that the car should have come with. Zero downside.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Steeda has the rear sway bar at 28.6 mm. Y2KPEDO just install that bar on his st.
Look him up and see what he has to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts