Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 ST Focus gets its regular service at Vermont Custom Auto here in Williston VT. Last week while in for LOF they said that the left front sway bar link had some play in it and I should start thinking about replacing it. I asked if both sway bar links should be replaced at the same time and they said yes. Yesterday I brought my ST in to the local LM dealer as I have a Ford ESP 100K/7yr contract. They only replaced the left one!!! Last year in late April they repaced both under warranty. Are there any magic words to get them to replace the right one? I was always under the impression that when front end stuff goes that you have to replace both sides. Let me know and thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well if the right one isnt bad there's no reason to replace it. Shops also wont usally replace that isnt broke under warrenty, there already lossing money so why losse more?

Is a good idea to replace both at the same time? Yes, because you then have to equal parts with the same amount of ware on them. If you don't there isnt going to be a issue.

This is also a simple job you can do yourself in about 20 minutes. Lift the car up, take off the wheel, take of the two nuts holding the end link, and replace. Endlinks only cost about 15-25 each depending on which ones you get.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i did it without removing the wheel or jacking. you need a thin wrench / allen key to hold the stud. I used a park-tools (bicycle) cone wrench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts