Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
There is technically a special tool to remove the tie rod from the knuckles. But since I am replacing them I usualy just use a hammer... But kills the threads.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,353 Posts
There is technically a special tool to remove the tie rod from the knuckles. But since I am replacing them I usualy just use a hammer... But kills the threads.
Screw the nut back on before you hit it.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
That then damages the threads on the nut and can't get it off the tie rod ends threads... I have done it both ways :).

But yes damages the part being removed so if your replacing the end link that's good. If you are planing on reusing it then need to take a bit more care.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,353 Posts
That then damages the threads on the nut and can't get it off the tie rod ends threads... I have done it both ways ?.

But yes damages the part being removed so if your replacing the end link that's good. If you are planing on reusing it then need to take a bit more care.
Never had a problem.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I hate tie rod ends... they should have hex socket in stud end like every other fitting....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
YouTube tie rod end removal 2004 Ford focus they have a video by 1a Auto that shows the guy using grip plyers to hold the tie rod an a pipe wrench to turn it ??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
The tie rod inner n end from the 2007 Ford focus zx3 part# ev80632 & es80580 do they fit the 2004 Ford focus zx3

61 - 70 of 70 Posts