Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next crazy question...Is it feasible to swap the zetec for a 2.3 Duratec n adding the Cosworth pieces that Focussport has?...wat do u guys think?..What would be needed for the swap other than engine, wireloom n brain?...will the current transmission work(5sp)? and axles?

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you wanted a crazier idea swap it for a svt motor

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Unless you're getting the engine, ECU, transmission, wiring harness and misc. hardware for next to nothing and can do the work yourself, its not worth the cost to swap a Duratec 2.3 or SVT Zetec into your car.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
why don't u just buy a focus with a duratec. would be way easier and less expensive. what's wrong with the zetec anyways?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The 2.0 Duratec only has 6 HP more than the Zetec, and the Duratecs only have a fraction of the modding potential. As stated, if you want a Duratec then trade your Focus in and get another one, you'd be wasting your money on a swap.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
thats why you get the 2.3 duratec I almost traded the 2.3 5 speed in my 04 ZTS for the 2.0 zetec in my 00 ZX3 if I had a little more time before it went away I would have found a way.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The cost of a crate 2.3 plus ECU and all of the other hardware alone (not including installation costs) would be a waste...for that much you could throw a good turbo or supercharger onto your Zetec and have more power than a 2.3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts