Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing my SVT seats with stock seats from other cars. There is always the option of aftermarket, but i have seen some stock seats I'd be interested in getting, as it could possibly save me money, and I like some models more than current aftermarket.

Does anyone have ANY information on this? The only specific model that comes to mind, are the seats out of a Celica GTS. They're either pleather or leather, i don't really care. I'm very interested in swapping mine out.

Any models anyone else has seen they like? Anyone know anything about brackets and fit, etc?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
so you are just going to replace the front ones then? I would say find a celica and measure the bracket bolts. You can make all seats fit just depends on how much work you want to do. Worst case you will have to make a new bracket frame to mount to the seat. BY the way what are you going to do with your stock seats. Also if you need help with this by the means of fabricating anything pm me and I can help we have a decent garage with welding tools. And I am about 45 minutes away

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be getting rid of my stockers up front. I'd post on here and sell them outright. This would be after I installed the new seats of course.

As for the rears? I'll probably leave them in place, because most of the time, they're folded down anyway, since i always have my bike in the back, so you don't even see them.

I figured with enough work i could put a lazyboy in there if i wanted, so it isn't really a question of how much work i'm willing to do, it's how to do it etc.

By the way elliot, how do you like your pinoeer in dash DVD? Can you also hook an iPod to it?

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Why not just get rid of the rear seat too, You will have even more room, and you could sell the Seats as a set. I'm sure there are plenty of fanatics here that are willing to buy the set.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason I'm concerned with removing the rear seats is because i WILL occasionally need them, not to mention it would put me in a different SCCA class for AutoX.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
I didn't realized you Auto-x'ed.[:0] Good luck inyour quest....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
right but if you sold them as a set I know you could pick up a set of stock zx3 rear seats for pretty cheep there are a llot of junk yards around here with them. I like the head unit and no I can't hook a ipod to it unless a fm modulator was used

1 - 9 of 9 Posts