Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was thinking going to a scrap yard and get some titanium power seat with heating.

Is this feasible and an easy swap?

I currently have regular heated cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi,

I was thinking going to a scrap yard and get some titanium power seat with heating.

Is this feasible and an easy swap?

I currently have regular heated cloth seats.
Where would you get that in Montreal? Can't find any Focus 2012++ in scrap yard ...

However, easy. You need to remove the cable from under both seats. You also need to remove the occupancy sensor. Once it's done, you remove the bolts and you replace the seat. You shouldn't have a problem with the airbag (unless it's an ST seat).

More details here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446121

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Lecavalier?

thanks...

For the power seats its the same connector?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I didn't.

But yes, same connector. However, I am not sure if the power seat will get power. I think it come from the heated seat line - should check fuses.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, the connector probably has every cable attach to it. If the dealer get asked to install seats with power, the job shouldn't be complicated. Also, it would cost less to always have the cable for power on the assembly line then custom. Same rule apply for the auto-dimming mirror.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Swapping or even just removing the seats I find the seat belt is the big annoyance. [rant]
May be some utube videos on how to do it.. back in the day (1998) when I tried it was a fail. I gave up due to the seat belt.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swapping or even just removing the seats I find the seat belt is the big annoyance. [rant]
May be some utube videos on how to do it.. back in the day (1998) when I tried it was a fail. I gave up due to the seat belt.
Seat belt?

I've removed my front seats to install sub amp and its only 4 torx bolt + smaller one for the connector underneat....never touched the seat belt....

Please explain :)

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't.

But yes, same connector. However, I am not sure if the power seat will get power. I think it come from the heated seat line - should check fuses.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, the connector probably has every cable attach to it. If the dealer get asked to install seats with power, the job shouldn't be complicated. Also, it would cost less to always have the cable for power on the assembly line then custom. Same rule apply for the auto-dimming mirror.
I thought that when I was looking for the Sony subwoofer connector in the back...

Turns out its a completely different car harness when you get the sony package...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I thought that when I was looking for the Sony subwoofer connector in the back...

Turns out its a completely different car harness when you get the sony package...
Yes, because the interior is completly different (you don't have sony speaker everywhere)... however, when you have already heated seats, the connector is there so it's worth the additional cables at that point.

If I was able to get my hands on electric leather seats, I would do it for sure but like I said I am unable to find any Focus parts arround here. Only parts I can find is if you buy a damage car for 5-6k$.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII Interior Mods section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts