Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the cougar 4.06 is just a ring gear and slid on pinion gear
There is no shaft for it

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well I have two installed in MtX75's for duratecs. They are out there in the used market, you used to be able to buy them at the Ford parts counter. I have the cougar one still. I will sell it to you cheap, if you were certain you could make it work. We were unable to.
It is doable, you need the input and output shafts from an early 2 piece ztec mtx75. Install those in your Dtec case. Set up bearing preloads and enjoy. My 2 piece 4.06 is for sale $150 plus shipping
the cougar 4.06 is just a ring gear and slid on pinion gear
There is no shaft for it
I'm confused about the Cougar R&P.
So, you couldn't make it work and wanted to sell it cheap.
Then say it's now possible to make it work with the early 2pc in/out shafts. Have you done it? Or is this theory?

You say you have two installed in "MtX75's for duratecs". Are these Cougar gears or are they the correct discontinued gears for dtec?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We have built two 4.06 final drive mtx75 using the later style one piece pinion gear and shaft. We have also built 4 or 5 4.75 mfactory final drive transmissions. Yes you can take the guts out of a 2000 or early 2001 mtx75 and install them in a dtec case. We had these trannys apart and back together numerous times.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks a lot for the pictures. That won't work in my application either. My gear and shaft (from a 2003 Focus ZX3, 2L ZETEC, MTX-75) are one piece. I wonder what the deal is?
Thank you anyway.
John W.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts