Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the title says it all. Recently purchased a set of Hella Dynabeams, Halogen lights. The passenger light is damaged and will need a new housing, tabs are broken and part of housing on the bottom is broke off.

So I will be buying some Focus SVT HID mach headlights from DEPO and people say that it is a direct swap. So can I take everything from the inside of the Dynabeam and swap it into the DEPO mach? If that makes sense.

If so, would I have to bake it open or does it all come out the back and then the new one clicks right in? Probably not that easy....

I can't just change the bulbs because the Mach has a different shroud and no LED bar down the side.

Thanks!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
This is just a guess but I almost have to say I don't think it would work just because the Dynobeams use swivel projectors while the Machs are fixed. That said, however, the frame inside that holds the projectors and highbeams housing comes out as a unit and this may be a direct swap with the "guts" of the Dynobeams. It's at least worth a shot.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That is what I was wondering as well. I assumed if I did enough. I should be able to swap in a out as a whole.

They both use the same housing which is why I am asking. They don't sell just a Hella Dynabeam housing. And the machs are the closest.

If they don't swivel it's not the end of the world either. I was just wanting better headlights.
One way or another I will make it work.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Yeah, you'll always be able to modify some stuff to get it to work. I would be surprised if it would be a plug and play job but I can't imagine that it would take too much modding to get them swapped. Worse case would be needing to remake the adjustment screws but it can be done.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to know. I just hope it all works out with getting a new housing. Have to get a VW harness and wire that up as well. But I have the link and part numbers.

I appreciate your thoughts. Anything helps me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts