Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello focusfanatics,

Swapping driver/passenger seats.

Not the usual modding question, but I thought you guys may be able to help out.

I am the carer for a guy who is in a wheelchair. He has an adapted Ford Focus Zetec 2 door [X plate] - [adaptations do not affect the seats in the car, they're as normal].

His drivers seat is becoming a bit tatty and he needs to change it. As the passenger seat gets very little use, is it possible for him to simply switch it with the drivers seat?
Is this an option/is it relatively simple?

If the 'new drivers seat' is the only option, could anybody recommend a good breakers in the North West UK/Merseyside/Lancs?

Hope some of you focusfolks can help out.
Many thanks for your time people.
Paul G.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If you have to swap it, would a used leather seat out of a focus hold up better for you ?? Just a thought. If you were on this side of the pond V6focus ( focussalvage,com ) could help you out, he can probably still answer the question if you PM him.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I don't believe you can, unless you could figure out some way to transfer the seat from one base to the other (the bases are side-specific, the driver's side base will only work on the driver's side, etc.) On top of that, the driver's seat has a position gate switch that is riveted onto the slide, and you'd have to figure out a way to transplant it from one side to the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts