Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 focus with a 5 speed. I'm curious if you can put a 2.3L in place of the 2.0 thats in it now. will it mount right up? do they use the same tranny?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes it will work the passenger motor mount is different.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Yes it will work the passenger motor mount is different.
The Zetec 2.0L passenger motor mount is different. If he is swapping a Duratec 2.0L for a Duratec 2.3L than all the mounts are the same.

To the OP, search for this topic...there is a lot of information on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
All the mounts are NOT the same between the two duratecs. The bellhousing for the passenger side mount is 1/2" taller on the 2.3 version.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
All the mounts are NOT the same between the two duratecs. The bellhousing for the passenger side mount is 1/2" taller on the 2.3 version.
Guess you learn something new every day. [dunno]

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I considered it back in 04, (when I bought my 05 with the 2.0) Everyone concluded that if your swapping b/c you want more power, as opposed to b/c your 2.0 blew up and you have to do it anyway, isent worth it. just get a turbo kit. and if your compairing boosted 2.3 to a boosted 2.0, just build it to run a psi or 2 higher and youll match it close enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I considered it back in 04, (when I bought my 05 with the 2.0) Everyone concluded that if your swapping b/c you want more power, as opposed to b/c your 2.0 blew up and you have to do it anyway, isent worth it. just get a turbo kit. and if your compareing boosted 2.3 to a boosted 2.0, just build it to run a psi or 2 higher and youll match it close enough.
So your saying that there really isn't a difference between the 2.0 and the 2.3 when it comes to turboing? Only reason I ask is because I have the 2.3 in my car now and i picked up a part car from my job (06' SE with a 2.0) and i wanted to boost the 2.3 but don't know if its worth it to swap out motors and build the 2.3 and when its ready to put it back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok well I'm planning to buy another engine to build so might as well go 2.3 there are even more parts for it anyway. Thanks everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts