Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on the svtf and decided to powder coat and replace the dog bone motor mount. Funny thing is I pulled a cfm mount out and flipped because the replacement bushing obviously wouldn't fit. Not sure if cfm sell replacement bushings but I used what I already purchased since it was convenient. The old mount appeared to have a large gap on the backside of the bushing.

Maybe I'll do a write up on powder coating some parts I have left to do.

Now I need to clean up the underside. The new motor mount looks great though!

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
What is that black piece?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You see it attached to the trans and mount in the second pic. It's a gift from ford to help slip the mount out and in easily.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bracket supports the motor mount and made it a lot easier to remove and install the mount for me. I know some people have said they didn't need to remove it to change the mount but it made it easier for me. I powder coated it since it was looking nasty and was another small part to practice on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My 05 ZX3 with a MTX75 doesn't have this. Idk if it ever has but could it be added? Seems like it would give more support.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if that will fit your transmission. Could you load a photo of your mount. I searched for the MTX75 and I saw some that appeared to have a thick looking bracket between the mount and transmission. Maybe that varies based on production year? Idk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts