Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about swaping auto to manuel. I found a manuel trany for about 1500 with everything. Do you think its worth it. how much would it cost for labor to swap the hole trany out and put a manuel one in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know it can be done, I know people on FF have done it, is it worth it... that is a matter of opinion. If it were me I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle or money..I would sell the ATX (which there is nothing wrong with the ATX...I drive one) and go buy the manual that I always wanted and should have bought in the first place. Just my 2¢

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Basically...it is more cost effective to sell your car and buy a MTX. But, being someone that has considered this swap, I know where you are coming from. I know it can be done for less than $1500 (for parts at least), but labor is what will kill you. I can't really say, as I do all of my own work, but just thinking of the work involved, if you are paying for labor, it will not be cheap.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It's going to be alot of work. I'd suggest getting a car that already has a manual or beefing up your ATX.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'd do the swap if I found a focus which I could get all the parts out of. Until then I'll just exploit my ATX!!! it aint that bad but it isn't the best tranny performance wise! still there are a couple of things that u can do to it to improve but IMO nothing beats the performance the advantages u have with a MTX car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I did the swap. Def. worth it!

You can find the parts cheaper than that though. Buy everything except the flywheel and clutch. Buy those new and upgraded (lightweight fly, etc.),

1 - 11 of 11 Posts