Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 14 focus se and i want to see if its possible to just swap my heating controls with the Titanium model heating controls?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The HVAC controls are not interchangeable for the dual zone controls as the HVAC module and sensors are different v.s the single zone manual electronic controls.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Man i really wanted to do the swap
Better to trade-in for that options.
So much parts need to be changed and means removing the entire dash,heater core and stuff.

I see you have a 2014, curious...you didn't choose the package?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Just a FYI, they are not Titanium specific. Some trim SE's and SEL's have them as well.
I've seen SEL and Ti coming with them but never SE (when I was looking in 2013)... maybe it's different in the US...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I've seen SEL and Ti coming with them but never SE (when I was looking in 2013)... maybe it's different in the US...
Yes the Canadian SE and SEL had a little different options than the USA models.
So I can see the Canadian SE would not have the option of automated climate.
My 2012 SE also did not have the automated climate as an option.

I agree the swap would be very difficult and expensive. And way more than a small chunk in the dashboard!

Wait and make sure you get what you want in your next new car a few years down the road.

When I switched to the ST I am pleased with the climate stuff. I had manual controls and thought the automatic ones would not matter. Well they are better. My only complaint is having to bother with the defroster. It should KNOW when to turn itself on. (any HVAC should be capable of realizing when the windows are going to get frosty.. Know the ambient humidity and the windshield glass temps.. Done. Maybe the ambient humidity is too difficult??? or even a sensor right on a corner of the windshield...)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got the se with appearance package, sunroof, and leather. I was in a hurry because my other car broke down and needed a car. But i love my car and no complaints just trying to do a few things here and there and just thought about switching to see if it was possible

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I was wondering the same thing lol. Sucky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts