Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet......thanks Josh (02SilverSVT) for sending me that SVT grille [thumb] sorry the pics are a bit late, but I finally have computer access! [woot]

yeah I love it, I don't seem to have that driver's side sagging issue that you said it had..... lol, now lemme give you a story about how I installed it [popcorn]

I had about fifteen minutes before the movie started.....got this done in about 7 due to lack of ratchet (damn you whoever stole it, lol) so I had to improvise....the screws were easy to get off for the cover, but then for the top bolts, I had to use a pipe wrench.....yes it worked for those two, but the bottom two I couldn't get a grip with those things, so I took a (and now I forgot) ratchet bit and put it on the bolt, then I got some mini wrenches out (whatever I could find...... I didn't have time, lol.) stuck the open faced part of it in the square where the ratchet would fit, then in the box end of it, took a hex wrench and just turned..... hey whaddya know, it worked!!! to quote the Haynes Manual "Installation is a reversal of removal." [:D]

now....pics time! [woot]

wow... with this flash on, the car looks awful....weak spots in the paint, and colormatch fail on the bumper repair (and yes, eyelids and mirror caps :|)

Thank'ya kindly, Josh [neener] no really.... I mean it [giggle]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Ha, yeah, you can see the braces from under the hood. Must be condensation and the heat from the engine.

Your eye brows are nicely color matched. And grill is a nice upgrade.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah lol I know...... I don't know why though, I haven't driven it for at least a month. lol. I guess that's just how it is, look at this picture after some snow has melted. you can see the braces here, too.... lol.

that was a bit annoying, but still made me laugh :B

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i saw this lastnight but didnt post cuz i was sleepy lolz... i came back today to say it looks good! keep it up!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i saw this lastnight but didnt post cuz i was sleepy lolz... i came back today to say it looks good! keep it up!
lol thanks for comin back [wave] I know, I looked at it and I'm like..."oh, 40 somethin views. lol" but nobody ever goes by that. ever.

I do love looking at it..... and just for the hell of it, I think I might be getting my friend with the ST to join. woot.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ hey don't worry....... just watch out cause you may be missing some headlights.... OH and about half your car.... just sayin [;)]

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
looks good. much better than the stock bar grille.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no need to "catch".... just a nice little fender bender on your part, thus immobilizing your vehicle. and obviously I wouldn't care about my bumper, I'd just have to disable the airbags first, lol. [grinking]

I guess I call it "Harvesting the Pumkin" [rofl]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its an upgrade from the stock grill. Looks pretty good man.
yeah definitely upgrade..... I just hated the plastic lines that ran across, and over the turneys.... :)

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
the grille looks awesome on there, and you can't beat free plus shipping [rofl]

that's good to hear that those broken tabs aren't affecting it at all......now nightshade those turn signals!!! lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol! well thanks, man...... haha when I repaint it the same color, maybe I wont put the pinstripes back on.... but I do kinda like them [thumb]

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
don't repaint it the same color....do a comp orange sedan with an SVT front and an 05 rear conversion with the SAP bumper and diffuser.....that'd be major sechzy time

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm that is something I was thinking about......the rear end conversion. Though orange is my favorite color, I don't think I'd do that lol. it'd look sweet but it's not for me :B. sticking with gold [thumb] and the pinstripe :D. yeah I did want a rear bumper, unless I could find one that looks like the rear SVT, or make one myself (hell yes)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts