Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Is this a question or are you just linking?

From that article the SVT won.

Look at the links on the left side:
NAVIGATION
Introduction
Second Place
First Place
Conclusion
Specification and Performance
Consumer Commentary

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
After taking off our rose-colored glasses, and considering our long-term Mini Cooper S alongside the Ford SVT Focus, do we still adore our Mini? Well, sure. We aren't so fickled as to allow our editorial pendulum to swing from love to hate after a week's worth of competitive testing. But if asked by a roving man on the street which car is our recommendation in the sporty hatchback category, we would have to put our long-term Mini relationship aside, and admit that the SVT Focus offers greater cargo capacity, a softer ride and more intuitive interior features. In short, the Ford provides a better real-world experience, and in this case, does so for $1,245 less

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I won.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Sheesh, that's the worst 0-60 time for an SVT Focus I've seen in awhile (8.6 seconds). Ironically despite the praise heaped on it by the automotive press, the SVT goes away. [8]

·
Registered
829 Posts
i would love to run into somebody with a mini cooper s that wanted to race. now that would get my blood boiling! so far everyone ive seen has been driven by a stiff.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I considered the Mini Cooper before purchasing the Focus. Bottom line, I got priced out of the game by Cali yuppies trying to recapture their youth and be the first on the block with the latest retro car, and with the disposable income to make that happen. So, I'm not a big fan of most Mini drivers on the road.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I don't like Mini's period.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was in pretty much the same boat svt4me....except im in PA. The mini is hot car, but I'll wait 5-10 years when they are hopefully less popular among the snotty. The Mini moves and handles nicely, but I liked the total package of the SVT better.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Ah, so it's not just Cali then?

I may get a Mini yet, but it would be a few years down the road. It just bugs me that right now there are so many people driving them because it's the latest fad or they thought it was cute and bought it on a whim - and not because it is a superb little driving machine. [:(!]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
For me it was between the SVTF and the Mini S i drove the SVTF then went a checked out the Mini it was to small for me plus the people are the dealership (which is owned by the BMW dealership) act like complete a**holes because me and my father didn't pull up in a $50,000+ BMW and thats when i said not a chance there getting bussiness from me

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I briefly sold Fords at a dealership that also sold Mercedes. There was like a dividing line that no one crossed over...there was like this unwritten rule not to even greet the Mercedes customers....I did though get to ferry the owner's V-12 from the airport once. It was way to much car...but quite the chariot.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
V-12 Vanquish??? thats a beauty I got a picture of me in one at the car show (people weren't aloud to sit in it i was joking and asked the lady if i could sit in it and she said sure)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Seen it. I read what the Mini Cooper people thought about it & it wasn't pretty. It went something like this, " I was having tea and crumpets when my butler brought to my attention that my car had been beat by some incompetent American car company!" But seriously I was at the Mini forums & saw a thread referring to this article & they were all pissed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
the mini is overpriced. its got no room behind the seats, the controls are cheap and flimsy feeling...a focus is half the price and maybe twice the car...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I got every option except the euro package and it was still about 3 or 4k less then the mini s and im sure they are mad at how the mini got beat considering how much they cost (don't get me wrong I like the mini but its more the kind of car for my girlfriend not for me) I gotta hand them the mini is cool looking but girly I couldn't pull it off

1 - 20 of 30 Posts