Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what happend to me last night.......well i was crusing down the street and a 2003 Mazda 6 rolls up on me. U all kno how the rest goes, neways we r goin from a roll i was in 3 gear so i downshift to try and get a better jump off of him. i then i realized that it wasnt juss a Mazda 6 it was an "S" which i later on found out has 220hp. so we r rollin at 30 mph and my friend in the car with me throws ur the numbers and we r off so we r side by side witch was suprising to me and we were goin about 90-95 down the straight-a-way and we hit a stop light now i have t/c on my SVTf so i turned it on so that i wouldnt be burning up the tire. ( learned from other posts on this site to get a better launch) and we r revving engines and it goes green. The SVTf has a very fast acceration in first gear as owners would kno so i had him off the line. then i juss kept pullin on him a beat him by a car and a half..........SVT........V6 killr [xx(] .......mb .................mb not! [thumb]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
The SVTF has fast accleration in 1st gear? All the ones that my boyfriend was racing at the drag strip he had them off the line everytime. I have a regular old ZX3.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm not saying that I dont believe you it is just 170HP to 220HP it is a big diff. in power. You must be one hell of a driver to beat him, I dont know much about the Mazda 6 cars, maybe they are over-rated on HP. Anyway....Good Kill, def one to remember..[driving] [thumb] [hihi]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Yes, but we all know that SVT times vary widely, depending on who did the testing and how they launched it. Same thing with my old MR2 - the Mk. I's have times for 0-60 of anywhere from 8 seconds flat to almost 9 seconds or more, depending on how the testing was done. For that car, the best launch was just to floor it, and pop the clutch at about 4 or 5 on the tach. The SVT just spins if you do that, I haven't quite perfected the launch yet myself.

And the 6 may have had an auto, just like hotfocus said. Of course, he may also not have been racing... [:D]

·
Registered
712 Posts
First, SVT's first gear sucks balls. Second, I beat my buddy's 220 hp 6 pretty easily, but thats with bolt ons. If mine was stock I think it would be neck and neck. Third, t/c slows you down off the line very bad.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds fishy, however I dont think very highly of Mazdas, my friend owns an MP3 with a 2.0L and it has all kinds of mods and I was able to kill him in my ZX3 when it was stock, mazdas are weak...........

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
T/C slows some down off the line, I've have had my best times with the TC on at the track, worst times have been with the TC off. But I understand this vary's with other SVTF and their drivers.

I believe the Mazda was a auto, had to be. Again I dont know much about the Mazda 6 but even over-rated 220 HP is a bit more than a stock 170 HP. Grip and damn good driving had to be the factor in this win. Or the Mazda Driver just did not know how to drive much less race.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Also keep in mind we weigh alot less than the 6, so that helps us out quiet a bit.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
Sounds fishy, however I dont think very highly of Mazdas, my friend owns an MP3 with a 2.0L and it has all kinds of mods and I was able to kill him in my ZX3 when it was stock, mazdas are weak...........
Thats just the MP3. The Mazdaspeed is a whole different story.
Mazdas I'd own
RX8
RX7
New Miata
Mazdaspeed
older MR2

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
SVT4U2NV said:
Yes, yes it was an automatic tranny w/ tiptronic on it if taht makes ne difference.....
Well, with this in consideration and I did not even think about weight comparission. I say what I said before Nice kill, one to remember..

Infra3sv since you have owned a number of diff. Mazda's and now own a SVTF, I would like to know your opinion, what of Mazda runs with the SVTF? Sorry to jack the thread, I just want to know for my own curosity.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Infra3sv since you have owned a number of diff. Mazda's and now own a SVTF, I would like to know your opinion, what of Mazda runs with the SVTF? Sorry to jack the thread, I just want to know for my own curosity.
I think he was saying those were the only Mazda's he would consider owning. And for the record, the MR2 is a Toyota and a very good car. Mazda never did make a mid-engined two seater.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Oh, okay. Sorry I misread and misunderstood his post.....Thanks SVT4ME.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Thats just the MP3. The Mazdaspeed is a whole different story.
Mazdas I'd own
RX8
RX7
New Miata
Mazdaspeed
older MR2
Dude the mazda speed sucks too, its way slow for a turbo, its about as fast as a an SVTF and they arent even turbo, boost should be boost, 200hp+ please......

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Is this true for the Audi TT? VW GTI? The Mazdaspeed does everything the SVT does just differently. Mazda put a turbo on a little engine as opposed to Ford that beefed up a little engine. Its a lot easier to modify a turbocharged engine compared to a naturally apirated one.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
How is it easier to modify a turbocharged engine compared to a naturally aspirated one? And Why? Sorry, just want to feed my mind...[;)]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts