Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to maintain my stock SVTF ride height but stiffen it up a bit wouldn't mind raising it 0.25" any suggestions on suspension kits that would do that for me?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Kyb agx

Hey all, been awhile since I posted but I've been lurking and using the how to's. Currently drilling out my ignition... awesome btw[?|].. lol

Ok on the suspension topic, if your talking shocks and struts I went KYB AGX adjustable. At first i went with the stock suggested settings on these. About half way up a night time Tortilla flats run I was noticing when I started to brake before cornering my nose wood dip a bit to much cause some butt puckering and a lag in my ability to rev mach the gear and get the cars momentum right again.

Tightened the front struts to 4 and left the rears on 3, for high-speed entry into the hairpins it helped. Keep my nose where it should be and let me kick it a little harder coming to the apex and powering out.[headbang]

[cheers]all and let me know your thoughts

Oh yeah if your running high miles on you stock setup I bet your losing at least.25" possible an 1" in sag from the old equip.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
i cant think of any springs that are actually higher and stiffer. The whole point of going stiffer is for better street performance, the whole point of going higher is offroad clearance/comfort, they are totally different ends of the spectrum.

My only recommendation is H&R Sport Springs, they are stiffer than stock SVT springs for better performance, but only lower the rear of the car to equal height of the front.

As for shocks, you can use the stockers, KYB GR2s, KYB AGX, etc.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't know about raising it any, but I'm interested in the same thing, firming up what I have now without lowering. Watching w/interest.....

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Call a spring company and shell out some $$$ cause this is a very small market for something like this. That why there's no production runs for sale. Or lol take some 3/4 ton chevy springs and shove them in there that should give u the stiff ride and 4x4the clearance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call a spring company and shell out some $$$ cause this is a very small market for something like this. That why there's no production runs for sale. Or lol take some 3/4 ton chevy springs and shove them in there that should give u the stiff ride and 4x4the clearance
Hells yea! That oughta keep my exhaust outta the horse shit lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts