Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i sold my svtf a couple weeks back and bought a used o2 mustang gt - redfire. it had 19k miles on it and i got it for 14.5k out the door it was a real good deal so i couldn't pass up on it. Esp since my focus was basically in the stages of needing a new clutch new tires and i just wanted a better platform. i wish i could have kept both but im real happy with my new car.
Here is a video its nothing special but something i threw together real quick. check ito ut
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/44b5c084-b1a3-4b44-aeb4-981101520ee9.htm

I'll still be posting around here just prolly not as much. i want to thank everyone for helping me out when i had questions. its been a great run with the focus but now its time to move on. thanks and see you guys/gals around. peace

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
How much did you get for the Focus? How many miles?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
not a bad vid, its kind of a dime a dozen car though. It not all that special plus worse gas mileage.

Logan

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ the gas mileage isn't bad at all im actually very suprised. you just can't drive like a maniac all the time. and i wasn't worry about gas mileage if i was gonna get the mustang i have another daily driver i just wanted something with more power to play around with. i got 8600$ for the svtf it had 32k miles on it and it was a 03.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
ya gotta change your name to SVT4awhile.

hehe *JK*

have fun with the stang man

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yeah...another SVTF owner parts with their toy.......

"SVT2GT" [;)]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks like you need to change your name. Good looking new ride. Is your new ride the same bodystyle as the 2000...I think it is? If so I know what I'd make that thing look like...'00 Cobra R. That is the most awesome looking 'Stang ever. I like those even better than the new Shelby. I guess the value of the older bodystyle Mustangs have plummeted due to the popularity of the new one. Seems like you got a gret deal. So you paid 14.5 for the 'Stang and got 8.6 for the Focus, diff of 5.9? Seems reasonable.

·
Registered
745 Posts
nice svt and nice new stang man congrats...nice vid 2!! good luck

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
everybody beat me to it but i was going to say so much for svt for life

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha well the good thing was about buying this car is that i have no car payments to worry about and insurance isn't bad ... my plan was to buy a cobra but im only 20 and i figure i'd have plenty of time to buy something faster but this has also got me looking towards supercharging and maybe a cobra swap who knows..but big plans for the mustang for sure

·
Registered
524 Posts
Svt4life said:
^^ the gas mileage isn't bad at all im actually very suprised. you just can't drive like a maniac all the time. and i wasn't worry about gas mileage if i was gonna get the mustang i have another daily driver i just wanted something with more power to play around with. i got 8600$ for the svtf it had 32k miles on it and it was a 03.
An '03 SVTF with 32k miles on it and you sold it for $8,600? I realize that it needed tires and a clutch, but even then I think you left about $3k on the table, guy. [:(]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
yeah, i was going to mention that too. I traded in my zx3 at the dealership, and got 8.5 for it

oh well, what ever works for you bro

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Seems low to me too, especially when trading.

·
Registered
524 Posts
pspringe said:
Seems low to me too, especially when trading.
He didn't trade it - said he sold it himself and bought the GT. If it were a trade, maybe that would be not too far out, but...too bad.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the reason it sold for that much was because my dad hit a deer with it back when it was brand new and there was some body damage and some paint damage. So i didn't have much choice. the guy wasn't gonna go any higher

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
my friend bought a 04 mustang gt a couple months ago i think the same red as yours. i've driven it but to me i would never give up the handling and grip of my svt for a gt mustang. that's just me though. and besides mustangs are everywhere, more common then a civic [:)~]

you did get a good price for it though. i hear you on the deer hitting part. i hit one 2 months after i bought mine new and only 1400 miles on the car, $10k in damages [:(]

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
i would never give up the handling and grip of my svt for a gt mustang. that's just me though. and besides mustangs are everywhere, more common then a civic [:)~]
Swap in the IRS from the Cobra, put in a stiffer suspension, and add sticky tires. Besides, betcha it would walk away from the SVTF on the straights. [thumb]

As for being common. It's a sweet looking vehcile! I'd get mine in black, silver, dark shadow grey (I forget if it was available), or sonic blue. I'm tempted as well, but I couldn't see driving a RWD vehicle in winter (would have to get a beater for winter for sure).

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^ yes i started a thread with a cobra to svtf conversion as i plan on doing that sometime. i just like the focus so much i don't think i would trade it for much else, or anything that i've driven so far. damn a sonic blue mustang gt would look hot though [thumb]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah don't get me wrong i loved the handling on my focus but the reliability issues do not make up for the money and time i spent fixing it all the time. if it was put together a bit better i would still have it as a daily driver but even then everytime i drove that car i was worried something was gonna break and i never fully was comfortable with the car so i decided it was time to get rid of it b4 some other major issues started up. Not to mention the warranty was up. with the mustang i got a 3 yr 100,000 mile warranty if anything at all breaks its covered so i feel more relaxed about that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Svt4life said:
well the reason it sold for that much was because my dad hit a deer with it back when it was brand new and there was some body damage and some paint damage. So i didn't have much choice. the guy wasn't gonna go any higher
Aw, that's it - too bad, guy. The Mustang's a really nice car, though. You can't go wrong there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts