Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, we loaded a tune in Mikes SVTF, and now the odometer has the dashes ------- in place of the odometer. We figured it was the PATS system, but the keys were reprogrammed. Still nothing.

Need some ideas...

..read here : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1038616#post1038616

Reply in here though so I can keep a list of things to check.

So far:

-Keys Reprogrammed
-Check clutch switch, even made a jumper so we didnt need to push the pedal to start.
-Checked all fuses....three times...
-Loaded the tune again

·
Registered
427 Posts
The computer is not getting enough voltage from the battery to completly load the tune. Make sure you turn off all accessories and put a battery charger on there. Your also supposed to pull some fuses but I cant remember which ones right now.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuses 49 and 61 I think...

and the car hadnt been running, so I had my car hooked up via jumper cables and it was running....I was feeding his car 14.7 volts...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*ON the fuse pulling, I only pull my one TC fuse (actually have it on a switch)...why do some have to pull so many, I mean, I only do one and NEVER have issues. In fact, I once forgot to do the fuse thing and it worked fine...*

Back to the subject at hand, just wanted to throw that in.

·
Registered
370 Posts
man i know how you feel, my car did the same thing, i had to wait for 3 days to get a tow truck to tow it to ford after them having it for about 3 hours he called and said it started right up, i was sick, said the PATS locked on it and it just all the suddend started up, said theyve never seen that before, good luck man.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were gonna undo the battery for a few hours and try that....cant hurt. After that, I'll charge his battery (or give him mine) and attempt to reflash.

Anyhting else?

Do we all agree the PATS is to blame??

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
yes pats is to blame damn that two edged sword

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a fried ECU. New one coming....

Cross your fingers...

·
Registered
666 Posts
hopefully the preditor is not locked to my old ecu buuuuuuuuuut im sure it is considering my luck and to the fack that it will not let me put the stock tune back in

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Id preffer it you'd park as far away from me and Tim as possible....I dont know how much more my golden horseshoe can ward off...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
p.s. My car is cleaner than yours [;p]

...at least on the outside...

·
Registered
582 Posts
this is crap....i damn well hope i didnt fry mine! i'd been doing some "trouble shooting" on my car, and took toms tune out... went to put it back in w/o pulling fuses... now the damn thing won't take the stock tune. i'm gonna hook a charger up to the battery, or another car and make sure its not just low... what is it with these silver svts and blowing up ecus? sounds like a tsb to me.... tom says if it is the ecu, to play dumb at the dealer and make them replace it under warranty. otherwise, where did you get your replacement mike?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Diablo helped me force the stock tune back in, which you should try...

..I still cant get the stupid tune to load though...I cant even convince it to go to the Predator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.