Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SVTF with 120,000 miles. Bought car at 60,00 miles.

I'm trying to make sure my SVT stays reliable.

I looked on C-F-M.com and the underdrive crank pulley kit doesn't list the tensioner pully, tensioner, idler. If I buy the underdrive pulley kit do I need to buy those items separately? The regular CFM accessory belt kit list all of those items.

Also I have one 1000 watt amp and a 500 watt amp. Will having this underdrive pulley negatively affect the power supply? I was thinking this kit could save on alternator life and gas or give a little extra HP but may not supply power to the battery fast enough with my 2 amplifiers.

I'm gonna buy a alternator as well. Any suggestions on what alternator or anything else that can be done while doing these things with the 2 amplifiers I have? I also plan on putting in 4 guage wire grounds.

I bought a timing belt and water pump but haven't installed them yet. Is there anything else I can do while changing out the timing belt?

The only thing I have done to my SVT is change the timing belt at 60,000 miles, installed VF racing trans mount and OEM passenger and driver mounts and regular oil changes.

This car has been good to me but I know I will need to replace parts soon. Any advice on what else I should do to keep this car reliable would be greatly appreciated.

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Yes timing belt asap. Also do water pump. Contact steve at tascaparts oem ford. 800-598-1484. Very knowlegible on svt parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes timing belt asap. Also do water pump. Contact steve at tascaparts oem ford. 800-598-1484. Very knowlegible on svt parts.
I know where to get parts and about Steve. Before I start shopping for parts I just need a little more info. Especially about using the after market underdrive pulley with the 2 amplifiers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's not worth it, under drive pulleys will already reduce your alternator speed, and if you're blasting music you might drain your battery, I'm almost certain that the red battery life will come on. Underdrive pulleys are practically useless, if you have every mod possible done to your car then a UDP kit would be nice for the extra 3 hp or so. In your case, I'd say don't even waste your money, invest it into a high flow cat

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not worth it, under drive pulleys will already reduce your alternator speed, and if you're blasting music you might drain your battery, I'm almost certain that the red battery life will come on. Underdrive pulleys are practically useless, if you have every mod possible done to your car then a UDP kit would be nice for the extra 3 hp or so. In your case, I'd say don't even waste your money, invest it into a high flow cat
so changing out the alternator, accessory belt kit, timing belt and water pump should be sufficient to keep the car going a while longer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts