Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an SVTF with the JRSC and BBK, and I have SCT's PRP on the way. I'll be using Siemens/Dekka 60lb/hr injectors and the OEM SVTF airbox. If it matters, I also have the parts to move my IAT sensor from the MAF to the JRSC manifold, so I can actually tune with real IAT numbers.

I'm trying to figure out most sensible thing to do about my MAF sensor situation. Anybody tried working out the transfer function on the MAF sensor that comes with the SVTF JRSC BBK kit? Is it fair to assume that this MAF sensor can handle anything the SVTF JRSC BBK can throw at it, since it comes with the kit? (The BBK MAF sensor is supposedly recalibrated to match the JRSC @ 10psi on the 42lb/hr injectors.)

I can't find my OEM SVTF MAF right now, can someone post up the part # off it? I'll post whatever is stamped on the BBK MAF sensor tomorrow.

I'm going to list the options I can think of; let me know which ones would work / work best.

SVTF MAF sensor + Mafia + 3" MAF tube
SVTF MAF sensor + Mafia
BBK MAF sensor + Mafia
BBK MAF sensor + 3" MAF tube

definitions for any n00bz:

SVTF: 2002-2004 Ford SVT Focus
JRSC: Jackson Racing Supercharger (non-intercooled Eaton M62)
BBK: Big boost kit (10-11psi pulley, recalibrated MAF, ECU flash from Ford Racing, 42lb/hr injectors)
MAF: Mass Air Flow
IAT: Intake Air Temperature
Mafia: Diablosport product that provides MAF function scaling

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
SVT maf in the stock 2.75" tube + mafia should give plenty of range... some zetec turbo people have run 240whp using the mafia and a 2.5" tube. And lets face it, youre not going over 240whp with the JRPOSSC

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
SVT maf in the stock 2.75" tube + mafia should give plenty of range... some zetec turbo people have run 240whp using the mafia and a 2.5" tube. And lets face it, youre not going over 240whp with the JRPOSSC
Your not pegging the MAF now right? There shouldn't be a need?

...and that JRPOSSC is currently faster than my non-functioning turbo SVT

So Id drive it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts