Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with a SVTF and the JRSC BBK post the part number of the MAF that came with the kit? I just bought a used JRSC setup with the BBK, and it included the MAF, but I want to verify it's the correct one. Mine is part number 1L5F-12B579-AB.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the stock SVTF MAF and the BBK version?

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, still looking for the part number off the BBK MAF for the SVTF.

Gregg

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
GreggPDX,

My BBK Maf had the number sanded off and then said something like SVTF-9000-xx or something. It doesn't have a standard part number on it and should look like the number has been sanded off.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about right here in this pic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, it sounds like Ford modifies a stock MAF for the BBK.

What is the intake tube in that picture? It looks better than the "dryer hose" that my kit has.

Gregg

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
it sounds like Ford modifies a stock MAF for the BBK.
True. The box containing the fuel injectors has a sticker over the original that said (8) XX# for 302 V8. lol The MAF came in a plain white box. Kind of neat how Ford can recycle parts for other projects.

What is the intake tube in that picture? It looks better than the "dryer hose" that my kit has.
It's a 45 degree coolant tube I created in order to do away with the brake cooling tube. The tube that came with the JRSC is originally intended for brake cooling on road racing cars. Here's proof:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3620

The 45 degree tube isn't a perfect fit but works much better than the original and does require trimming. That stuff is a pain to cut too.

I just recently redid most of my engine bay and will have to get some updated pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts