Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just would like some opinions on the sound and how loud this set up would be, what it sounds like. If you have a similar set up or know of someone, or have heard it. Please feel free to reply. I now have a PX Venom intake and FS Stelath exhaust SCT tune by Ray @ Mc'News. I was looking to add either FR shorty header, RT cat, and 2.25" flex or SVTF/ FR long tube header, RT cat, 2.25" flex to be done @ Mc' News. I have heard various different opinions, some bad some good. I just want to have alot of info before I make the commitment with the money. Or I might just scrap the whole idea and get a set of cams and gears, and I will not have to deal with the noise issue. I love the way my car sounds. I just want to get the best possible gains, for the buck and have a nice deep tone without having to scream when talking to someone in my care or on the phone. Thanks for everything you guys are the best.

·
Registered
743 Posts
your exhaust note is going to get louder with the SVT header, any race header period....but i never heard it with a FS Stealth. i couldnt hide the raspy sound with a flowmaster.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have the 2.5" trubendz borla with the svt header and its not raspy and only really loud when u get on it.. i like the tone and ive gotten alot of compliments on it... so... just a suggestion... check that out.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Shame you didn't make it to Carlisle, several of us there had the Borla with the Svt header set-up...Keep watching mid-atlantic section for a G2G and come out and take a ride in a car that has it.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i have a magnaflow and RT cat and it sounds really really deep and the downshift is the most awesome thing in the world. i love it. i am gonna get a flexpipe and a OBX shorty header and i think it will be just perfect. your car is gonna be a lil louder with the RT cat then a stock one, but i think it deepens the tone and makes it sound badarse.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
to answer the question about the shorty dont even bother for what it costs the sft is the way to go and the cams & gears wont make nearly as much power as they could with an aftermarket long tube header.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The header isn't really going to change your exhaust volume...pretty much if you remove the cat its going to get quite louder than stock regardless of running a shorty 4-1 with an ORP or a SVT long-tube. The volume and tone is going to be decided by the catback and muffler(s), and the prescense or abscence of a catalytic converter. There was another thread not too long ago about someone running a FS 4-1 race header into the FS stealth catback and he said the exhaust was too loud and raspy (like a ricer can.)

Speaking from experience, the Borla SVT is quite tame even without a catalytic converter. I'm running an OBX 4-2-1 long tube into a Borla SVT, and its just on the border of being too loud (which is exactly where I want it,) and the tone is perfect; deep and gurgly, not raspy at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts