Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SVTF is "hibernating" & when the snow/salt/sand season is over and warm enough to work on her:

Got some maintenance & projects setup for my SVTF which includes fuel filter replacement.

I've been using K&N fuel filters the last couple of times but I've found the Focus RS uses the same size fuel filter & it's in the same spot.

So while I was "shopping", I came across Radium Engineering & they have a fuel-filter upgrade kit for the RS.

I'm going to order this kit & see if it can be installed on the SVTF. Plus drive around & see if it's any improvement for the SVTF.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

For me, if it doesn't work, it will go on my RS anyway.... so no loss.

Will be following up in March/April....

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
I have always just ran motorcraft or even fram for the fuel filter. Regular replacement every 3 (ish) years I have never ran into issues in the 15+ years of ownership I have had. dropping $180 on a filter that does not change the life of the filter seems like one of those waste of money options.

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
A new thread perhaps? either way, are the locking clips not pushing clear? have top push the cips out then pull the connector end off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There wont be any performance improvement is that what you meant by " Plus drive around & see if it's any improvement for the SVTF. "

Tom
Radium-Engineering is claiming fuel-flow improvement while reducing fuel-pump pressure while maintaining "clean fuel"....

Since my SVTF is going to be 16-years-old on its original fuel pump....

I figured maybe this will extend the life of my fuel-pump and maybe improve the fuel to the fuel injectors.

Plus being able to "recycle" the filter thru its recommended cleaning process'..... Ironically, I have three other rides in my stable that use the exact same Motorcraft/K&N OE filter size.

So I typically order "three-at-a-time"... you know, spending some coin...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant get mine off looks like the factory one I'm up for suggestions on gettin it out
Get some WD-40 & spray the "clips/connectors" plus there's a bolt you can remove so the bracket/OE-filter can come down as a complete assembly to allow easier access to the fuel lines.

They are a special kind of plastic clips that are supposed-to slide out or stick out slightly. Green & White color plastic clips if I remember correctly....

It doesn't take much pressure but you don't want them [clips] to fall out.

These can be simply pressed with your finger tips...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts