Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SVTF is "hibernating" & when the snow/salt/sand season is over and warm enough to work on her:

Got some maintenance & projects setup for my SVTF which includes fuel filter replacement.

I've been using K&N fuel filters the last couple of times but I've found the Focus RS uses the same size fuel filter & it's in the same spot.

So while I was "shopping", I came across Radium Engineering & they have a fuel-filter upgrade kit for the RS.

I'm going to order this kit & see if it can be installed on the SVTF. Plus drive around & see if it's any improvement for the SVTF.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

For me, if it doesn't work, it will go on my RS anyway.... so no loss.

Will be following up in March/April....

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I have always just ran motorcraft or even fram for the fuel filter. Regular replacement every 3 (ish) years I have never ran into issues in the 15+ years of ownership I have had. dropping $180 on a filter that does not change the life of the filter seems like one of those waste of money options.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
A new thread perhaps? either way, are the locking clips not pushing clear? have top push the cips out then pull the connector end off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There wont be any performance improvement is that what you meant by " Plus drive around & see if it's any improvement for the SVTF. "

Tom
Radium-Engineering is claiming fuel-flow improvement while reducing fuel-pump pressure while maintaining "clean fuel"....

Since my SVTF is going to be 16-years-old on its original fuel pump....

I figured maybe this will extend the life of my fuel-pump and maybe improve the fuel to the fuel injectors.

Plus being able to "recycle" the filter thru its recommended cleaning process'..... Ironically, I have three other rides in my stable that use the exact same Motorcraft/K&N OE filter size.

So I typically order "three-at-a-time"... you know, spending some coin...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant get mine off looks like the factory one I'm up for suggestions on gettin it out
Get some WD-40 & spray the "clips/connectors" plus there's a bolt you can remove so the bracket/OE-filter can come down as a complete assembly to allow easier access to the fuel lines.

They are a special kind of plastic clips that are supposed-to slide out or stick out slightly. Green & White color plastic clips if I remember correctly....

It doesn't take much pressure but you don't want them [clips] to fall out.

These can be simply pressed with your finger tips...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the Focus RS [MKIII] uses OEM fuel filter size is Motorcraft FG-1083

^^^^ Which is the same size filter for the 07-14 GT500.... ^^^^^

So I installed a K&N fuel filter PF-2000

·
Registered
16,336 Posts
One of these days you guys who work your -sses off for a living will learn to value your hard work much more to stop buying crap like better fuel filters. Or you won't and so much the worse for you, not having that 401K in place when you need it.

I remove the original filters, clean them, and put them back on now. No issues at all if you give some thought as to how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts