Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I purchased a 2003 ZX5 SVTF. Admittedly in rough shape but a project car none the less. He didn't tell me what was wrong, but when I try to lift the e-brake.. there is no movement. It feels totally stuck and if I were to pull any harder I'd risk snapping something.

Is this a seized shoe? I'd like to get it fixed since I park with it.

Also, I noticed a decent leak after running the engine for a few minutes. A month later I came to check it out and there seemed to be residue of a oil that seeped down. It looks like wherever it started.. it traveled down part of my exhaust (catalytic converter i believe?). The clutch needs to be done the PO said it was completely gone. Could this be the rear main seal that needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Sounds like it possibly could be rear main seal. Obviously do it when you do the clutch. As for the parking brake. I use mine everyday and never had a seize issue and I've torn a few apart and unless its broken or rusted I can't see how one could seize up. Just take out the center counsel and look around. Follow the cables back to the calipers looking for a snag. Good luck with the project. Nice sonic blue to boot. And how many miles does it currently have.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any good sites on removing interior pieces? used to be a site called my ford focus but it's gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts