Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 04 SVTF. I see alot of parts that say for cars up to 03 is there any difference between the 03 and 04 focus. also anybody use spray on there focus

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Alot of parts for the 1st gen 00-04 models are interchangeable, up until Ford offered the PZEV engines which were 2.3s IIRC. Non SVT models need some minor modifications to make the SVT exhaust parts to fit and such. So to answer your question, yes there are some differences in powertrain and bodystyles.

What type of sprays are you referring to? Cleaners? Waxes?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
What type of sprays are you referring to? Cleaners? Waxes?
Wow... did you just have a "DUH moment"?? I'm pretty sure he means Nitrous.

All 02-04 SVT's are the same parts wise... but be for warned there are many, many parts listed for Zetec's that absolutly will not work on SVT's.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
lol

the 2.3 duratec engine's cat-backs will fit the svt without slotting the flange at the flex

just an FYI

also, spraying SVT's is tricky. do some serious research before attempting nitrous. there is too many stories here of blown engines even when tuned and installed correctly. if you want faster than a stock SVT, look into Forced Induction. a vortech supercharger just went for 2500 on ebay brand new.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I have to back up scrammer with the nitrous, a local guy was "spraying" about 50-75 shot on a stock tune. He then went and had the car tuned for 100 shot and about a week later he called me and said the engine was toast!

So long story short I have no desire to use nitrous....

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Hey brian95, what part of Indiana are you from anywhere close to Cincinnati?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Wow... did you just have a "DUH moment"?? I'm pretty sure he means Nitrous.

All 02-04 SVT's are the same parts wise... but be for warned there are many, many parts listed for Zetec's that absolutly will not work on SVT's.
Some parts on the '04's are different, as in they are better designed...
Cat bracket immediately comes to mind...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The lower control arms were revised as well or was that for all Focus' in general?

·
Registered
930 Posts
The lower control arms were revised as well or was that for all Focus' in general?
Good point. I had mine replaced ('02) as a tire wear/camber issue...
Not sure if they became OE or if it was just a TSB on effected cars.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
didn't the RLCA's have little plates put onto them with a hole or something?
ya the replacement RLCA for the focus have the reinforcements on them

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Really? Mine broke so I just removed it as I couldn't stand the rattle and after the idiots at Ford I've been to, I was better of doing it myself.(No offense to the people here that work at Ford [:D])

1 - 15 of 15 Posts