Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SVTF computer (ECU ECM) any different from a ZX3 computer? If so, how? Do they have different tunes?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am not sure if the computrt is different. I wouldn't think so, but the tune is definantly different, due to differances such as the variable valve timing and the dual stage intake,

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yes it is different. Ford tried to get into bed with Bill Gates and, well, if you have flashed a tune to each car, you'll know what the outcome is (15 seconds for the standard Focus vs 8-10 minutes for the SVT).

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
mine doesn't take taht long

·
Registered
970 Posts
hehe...time it next time...it takes FOREVER to flash it :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
North American - physically appearing similar ECUs. Different control strategies and calibrations though.

European - different ECUs, different control strategies and different calibrations.

I'm not sure about your location (El Salvador). My guess would be North American.

·
Registered
254 Posts
From the little bit of the SCT data loging software that I've actually gotten to work, there do seem to be different processors in the SVT vs. ZX3 - not to mention just about every single model Ford vehicle has a different processor. Something I never knew.....

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
The SVTF ECU is by far one of the most complex in Fords line up, hence the loading times..

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Very different.. and yes they DO take about 8-10 minutes.... we have flashed mine about 40 times here lately..... and it gets longer each time............

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible that my car has another computer different from the original, one from a zx3 maybe?

A mechanic I took the car to says that the computer on my car shows it should be getting readings from 4 different O2 sensors and my car only has 2. I dont know if he's mistaken about the 4 sensors thing. If the previous owner changed the computer, is it possible he could have put one in there which needs readings from 4 O2 sensors?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
None of the Focus models have 4 Oxygen sensors.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They are two different animals. Mine takes appx. 8 min's to download. SCTII.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hmm how do tuners tune these things and what equiptment do they use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts