Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I need your help, current I'm in a dispute with my local dealer here's why.

My clutch went out at 8200 miles and I was told that it was not covered under warranty. But.....Ford has a 12 month or 12000 mile coverage on everything including wearable items, I contacted Ford and asked about this and guess what, it was confirmed. What I need to know is if anybody else has had their clutch go out and was it replaced under warranty?

This information is very important, and any help that I can receive would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You All,

"D"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Only have miles on mine, but I feel the clutch is one of the weakest part of the car. I'm going to have them look at mine when I take it in for a service, it's not very consistent. Some times engages with a decent amount of pedal movement, BUT sometimes engages so quickly that it surprises me. I know my clutch is covered under my maintenance program for 6 years, but I pay for that in my monthly payments.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My clutch started out it seemed weak and continued untill it just started slipping. I have found information pertaining to the fact that there has been a problem with premature clutch wear on the SVTF. I have even found on other forums that it was even listed on Ford's Hot line that Clutch's where failing on the SVTF. I just need to know if anybody has had problems with their clutch's and have had or not replaces under their warranty?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Damn, reading that link, it sounds like I need to get an aftermarket flywheel in there now, before any of this happens to my SVTF. If the flywheel is the main problem, I think I'll try to stay with the stock clutch if I can. But I was thinking of the Steeda shifter as well. And definitely a CAI or Short Ram Intake with a Ram Air hood.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to be quite an issue, one that I hope no SVTF owner goes through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts