Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from taking the SVTF for a short run. It still amazes me how 170 HP and a good factory sound system be so much fun to drive? I don't take it out very often, so when I do I can really appreciate the cheap thrill the SVTF offers.[thumb]
Gotta love the bang for the buck, smiles to the miles it delivers.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I know what you mean. When I first drove my car I was literally lughing out poud and enjoying myself in the extreme and kept saying to myself "I want this car!!!" Yeah, it may not be the quickest and/or fastest car around but I don't care, I love driving it and besides, you can only drive so fast on public roads. Anyway, it's always good to her a fellow SVTF owner enjoying their car!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Oh yeah, sure, you're all "ooh, nice sound system & fun to drive", tomorrow you'll be " I wanna kill STIs and AMGs and F-16's and cosmic rays"

Sure our little cars are "nice" but can they do an easy 14 second quarter mile? Huh? NO! And THAT is the most important thing in the universe!!

Oh yeah, they're comfortable, get good mileage, have heaps of cargo space, ride nice, handle awesome and are just "right" but they don't have a blower, nor can they spin the tires in the first three gears; that's all that matters, doesn't it?!?!

Oh, how I'd trade it all for a 14 second quarter mile! I never drive my car further than a quarter mile anyhow. Vin Diesel is my hero!

Oh, another paragraph starting with the word "Oh". Never mind, It IS nice to hear from someone who appreciates what their little car can do, appreciates more than the 1/4 mile appreciates the comfort, build, thought that went into their car. I'm glad for you too!

Time for dinner and there's no restaurants within a quarter mile, better order Dominos; again.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
hehe... I enjoy my 80 mile commute, driving twisty roads, AND sub-14 second 1/4 mile trips....

gotta love versatility..

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love my SVT. I probably drive it alot more than I need to. I always want to be driving in it. I will miss it when it dies in a couple of years. I am almost tempted to garage it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i wish i had enough cash to garage mine and buy a different car and use my svt a bit less... but i do love driving it!! such a great car we are some lucky people hahaha

i think imma go out and tear apart some bends now!

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Funny you should mention this, as I was just thinking about it the other day...I've had my SVT for a year now and I still get that goofy grin when I crank her up and pump the gas to hear my lovely exhaust note. And taking her to 7.5k rpm is such a rush, she wants to go faster and I aim to please.

Tooling around in 2nd at 3k rpm and slamming the gas is one of her favorite passtimes.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Definitely one of the best all-around cars that I have ever had. And a ton of fun to autoX!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I go driving almost every evening and aside that its not stock anymore, i still find myself saying " i love this car" as im driving. Last nite, i was at a friend of mines house out at the lake. Her and her two daughters wanted to go for a ride. I took each one for a spin through the country and and all of them had the same comments. They couldnt believe, no. 1, that it was a 4 cyl, and couldnt believe how it "hugged the road". lol. One curve in particular was marked at 25mph, we were cruising through it at 65 with not even a hint of tire noise. Gotta love their suspension.

·
Registered
274 Posts
svtfocus17 said:
i wish i had enough cash to garage mine and buy a different car and use my svt a bit less... but i do love driving it!! such a great car we are some lucky people hahaha

i think imma go out and tear apart some bends now!
I don't have the money to garage it, but if I did, I definetly would.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I read through this thread, and thought, "Yea, these guys hit hit the nail on the head". I've loved every minute of driving my '02 since I first took it off the lot for a test drive. It's really the best of everything.. small but not too small, comfy and classy interior, excellent factory audio, handles like a go-cart, and a power/torque curve that provides spirited driving with reasonable gas mileage. Even with the odd quirk here and there, ya gotta love the package for the price. And I'm fortunate enough to not have to use the little beast as a daily driver, so I keep it in the garage under a dust cover (Sonic Blue - dust actually flies to it when it's standing still). When I come home from work Friday night, I unwrap it for the weekend. That Blue color and the smell of leather is such a rush after not having it for a week, it just makes me a wee crazy... like I have to take it out and drift through an intersection or two right away. [:D]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dussin said:
I love my SVT. I probably drive it alot more than I need to. I always want to be driving in it. I will miss it when it dies in a couple of years. I am almost tempted to garage it.

Why would it die in a couple of years??

I'm planning on keeping mine forever. I've gotten rid of way too many great cars, that now I wish I still had. I'm old enough and making enough money now that I will no longer trade in cars I love.

Sold and Sorry: 63 Impala SS 409 Tri-Power, 55 Hudson Metropolitan, 83 Dodge Shelby, 70 Lime Green SuperBird (yeah that one was stupid and I was young)

I love it so I'm keeping it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts